Speakers for Expedition. Not sure what to get

Username: Sinx85

Post Number: 6
hey guys i recenlty bought a a dvd changer and lcd monitor from ebay. this is the auction http://cgi.ebay.com/LM-7408-6-5-TOUCHSCREEN-CAR-MONITOR-TV-w-DVD-CHANGER_W0QQite mZ5811932920QQcategoryZ32825QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem .

now i need some SQL speakers, can any one tell me what should i get. Also should i run these speakers on a diff amp? will it still sound good if i dont hook it up to an amp and just power it with the above dvd player.
i was thinking of just replacing the stock speakrs and keep all the wiring just like it is right now.

any info is greatly appreciated

thankyou

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 121
upgrade the stock speakers

use an external amp- they'll be louder and sound clearer. However they will sound ok powered from the DVD player. If you have subs, def. get the amp.

Whats your price range on the speakers?

Username: Sinx85

Post Number: 7
thankx for replying mike. I can spend around $300 on speakers. I still have to get nice subwoofers and an amp and want to spend more on this thats why i was thinking of running speakers with the dvd player.
i saw an amp hooked up in the back of my expedition . any one know how many watt that amp is, also is it powering the speakers? or just the 1 sub thats factory installed in the back ? Once i have installed custom subs and amp should i leave this amp and sub running ?

thankx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us