!!Professional Input Needed Please! Respond!!

Bronze Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 62
I posted this before but only 1 reply!!
Im looiking to get some HELIX HXS 636 speakers they retail for $725+tax, but thet are cheaper since they are on clearance.

http://www.audissy.com/clearance.html

Are these speakers really good?..is there anything ALOT better for the price range? the one response told me about Rainbow, havn't pyshcially sat in a car and listened to that line like I have Helix.

Bronze Member

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 63
no one helps me....geez

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4409
It's not that no one wants to help you, you just happen to be asking on a week when this section isn't read much.
Anyhow for your question, Rainbow is a great set. It won't mean much though unless you can hear one for yourself.
Since you're into high quality speakers, here are some for you to look at.
CDT Audio ES-620
Rainbow CS 265VAN/K
DLS Iridium 6.2

The model you're looking atis only 75w rms. A tad too low for my taste.

Bronze Member

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 64
hah ok what days are good then>?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4411
It varies. Try Thursday or the weekends.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4825
What do you want out of your speakers, as far as sound characteristics? What can you spend maximum? I haven't dealt with Helix personally, but I've heard nothing but good things. Dynaudio, Rainbow, SEAS, Focal, Morel, DLS, JL Audio, and Boston Acoustics all make excellent separates that you can compare those with.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4415
$hit, you have more posts than me. Guess I'll have to settle for being the 3rd person to reach 10,001 posts.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4826
You'll pass me before too long, I'm about to start my next project :-).

Bronze Member

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 65
Well I plan to get the 636's and see how it goes! I was impressed with their other line of speakers (brax) and these 636's used to be thier TOP speaker model by Helix until this year. now they are replaced with 3-way components

Username: Audissy

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 1
Mike,

They have not exactly been replaced by 3-ways. The 636's have been replaced by the S6/S5 Competition line. Helix has also added a new flagship speaker set, above the S Competitions, in the RS series which includes a 6.5" set (RS6) and a new 3-way set (RS6.3).

Hope that helps!

Bryan

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 606
would you care to let us in on the plan, Jon?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4834
"would you care to let us in on the plan, Jon?"

I'm still planning a bit :-) Contemplating a lot of scenarios, but I should come up with something pretty soon. A guy at work just had his baby and told me he's thinking about selling his truck to get a larger one, I might buy it and sell the one I was planning to work on. Just found that out today, so I'm putting it on hold until I see what happens.

I'm basically down to Dynaudio or SEAS Lotus components, 7" 2 ways whichever truck be the case. Subwoofer is going to depend on which truck I end up working with.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4433
My next project will be going Zapco. I bought their 30 band 1/3 octave equalizers with separate ps, Symbilink. Now I'm trying to make a deal on Zapco Ref 750.2 amp for the components. After that, Zapco C2K 9 or 6.0x. Of course I will have to save some money first.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 607
both sound like incredible so far. But that reminds me, I've yet to hear a sinlge SEAS driver...

Is the Symbilink system as good as they make it out to be in improving the signal?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us