How much louder will an IDMAX 12" be than an alpine type-x 10"

rob preg
Unregistered guest
they'll both be in a vented enclosure with 700w rms. And will it also have better SQ?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4819
ID Max > Type X in nearly all respects IMO. Better sub for a vented enclosure as well. I'd give the ID Max 12 close to a 3db advantage over the Type X 10 at peak capabilities. Depends on a lot of things, though.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1626
sweet:-O

rob preg
Unregistered guest
bump

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4444
Why are you bumping? Jonathan already gave you the answer.

rob preg
Unregistered guest
sorry, just looking for any other opinions. also, is there anywhere else besides sounddomain that you can buy an IDMAX, because their on backorder and i have no idea when they'll be back in stock.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1726
type in IDMAX in Froogle.
there are tons of other places, none of which can give warranties b/c they aren't authorized.:-O

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 883
like www.woofersetc.com they have all the models Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1729
click on this link if you would like to see some IDMAX's in action.:-O
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/brands/imagedynamics.htm

rob preg
Unregistered guest
what do you think would be the best enclosure for it for the most spl and still good sq

Gold Member

Post Number: 4447
Vented.

rob preg
Unregistered guest
does anyone know the tuning frequency for this box http://www.cardomain.com/item/OBCGZ31812 and if it would be any good for an IDMAX. Or possibly this box http://www.cardomain.com/item/QLCQLH17512SS . I know my best bet would be to build a custom box but i don't have the proper tools at my disposal to do such, and ive heard that audio shops wanna charge anywhere from 300-500 for a custom enclosure. What do you think would be the best way to go for the best price? Thanks again for all the help and advice

Username: Rob_preg

Campbell, Ohio United states

Post Number: 1
also, if there are any other pre-fab boxes out there that would work even better, i greatly appreciate any suggestions. Off subject, i finally got around to registering today.

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 4
anyone

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4836
No prefab ported box is going to do an ID Max justice. If you want SQ and SPL with a 12" ID Max, go with around a 2.25 cu ft net enclosure tuned to 28hz, another option is a 2.5 cu ft net enclosure tuned to 25hz. The sub also works very well in sealed enclosures, if you can't build a box or have one built, I highly recommend just buying a quality sealed box, they are much more forgiving.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4451
Rob Preg, "preg" isn't your full name right? It might give a girl's parents a heart attack.
Anyhow, if you don't have the tools/skills to make a box, you can always get a plan and have Home Depot cut you one. For a small fee, around $1 per cut (first 3 are free), the can cut everything to spec. Then all you need to do is glue and screw.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 918
Isaac & Jonathan :
since both of you are on ,allow me to briefly cut in & ask a quick question .
I'm seriously thinking about buying 2 12" IDQ DVC 4ohm subs & was wondering if my new MB Quart RAA 1000 would power them sufficiently or not ?

Post Number: 5
lol ya, preg is just short for my real last name. I just need feel like putting my full name on here. And jonathan, or anyone else, do u know any website where i can put in the volume and tuning frequency and then get the specs on the dimensions i need. If not is there any other way to find out. I probably will end up either making or buying a custom box now. And where do you buy the carpet thats on most pre fab boxes. I would still kinda like to keep the whole professional look of the box. My friend built me a box years ago and it looked (and sounded) like sh!t. Thanks for all the help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4457
Rob Preg, try www.bcae1.com. It will give you the box size and port length.
Rovin, as long as you meet the amp's minimum ohm requirements, it should work. Double check your amp's manual for max power setting. If it's only stable to 2ohms, then you will need to get IDQ DVC 2ohms.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 921
Oh i already had checked that before i bought it
250 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
500 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)
1000 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm (1-ohm stable)
so i should be fine then

1 final ? - i don't want to open a new thread just for this but i just discovered that an amp i ordered the voltage only goes up to 4v while i also ordered deck has a volatge of 6.5
Is that a big cause of concern ?
Amp is Alpine 545
Deck is Premier 860.......thanks in advance !

Upload

Post Number: 6
thanks isaac. I also found a shop today that said they would make me the box for about 150, which im with.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4466
Rovin, have the level/gain to minimum and it should be okay.
The HU will reach 6.5v (odd voltage) at it's maximum volume setting.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 937
Ok - Isaac ,thanks alot ! Upload Upload Upload

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1760
told ya so! lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums