Pontiac Fiero GT

Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 5
has anyone here ever put a system in a Fiero? i already have an aftermarket HU, but where do i run the power wire for an amp from the engine compartment to the cab?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10544
done quite a few.
I put plates in the dash, new speakers in the rear pillers, I've put four 8" subs behind the seats, had unit and EQ in the dash, amplifiers in the rear package area behind the engine.. you have to pull the entire interior apart just about, to route cables for everything.
you take out the deats and center console, then drill a hole and place a gromet in the center of the rear firewall to route the cables.
keep them away from anything that gets hot enough to melt teh wiring as well.. those V6s are packed in pretty tight, but not nearly as bad as working on one with twin turbos or a 350cid CSB jammed into it (Ferrari and Lamborghini conversion kits)

Bronze Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 12
Hey man thanks. So i probably won't be putting a system in mine then. And yeah, it's a pain just putting new spark plugs in the V6. You have to take the motor mount off and roll the engine back just to get enough room for the wrench.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10576
yup I was aware of that little trick with changing the plugs.. heh
my best friend had a GT.. 87 I think? last year they made em anyway.
fun little car.
saw a GT converted to a Testarossa at a show last weekend.. great body kit and interior job but the guyw anted 30K for the thing. I could build one for that.

Bronze Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 19
Yeah the one i have is an 87 with 60K miles. They did make them in 88 also. There used to be one at our local custom shop that had the lambo kit and a chevy 350 in it. I want to put a 32 valve Northstar in mine.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10589
messes up the weight distribution a bit so it won't handle -quite- as well, but makes it a heck of a lot quicker.

Paul M
Unregistered guest
You didn't have to go through all the trouble with the engine just to change the spark plugs. Check out http://www.thefierofactory.com and click on the Q/A section. You could have removed both heat grilles, unpluged the trunk release wire, and taken the 4 bolts out that hold the trunk to the hinge. Then you lift the trunk off and then you can see and reach the plugs easily. Just a thought for the next tune up.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10797
until you have amps mounted in the trunk and removing the trunk isn't an option anymore :-)

Bronze Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 69
Are they talking about taking the whole trunk out, or removing the trunk lid? Either way, I think taking the motor mount off would be the easier way to go about it. (taking one bolt out instead of completely dismanteling the engine compartment) I can see how taking the lid off would give me some room, but removing the trunk? Why?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us