6.5" components for the front?

SlaYa
Unregistered guest
Hey, I need a pair of 6.5" components for the front of my car.

I am on a budget, around 75$ and I do plan on getting a cheap amp aswell

I have a deal for some cdt ka-61 for 75$, is there something better I can get for 75$?

Thanks guys

SlaYa
Unregistered guest
Is it worth spending 40$ to get Infinity Refrence 6010CS off ebay?

I wan't NICE sound, and some decent bass..

I had gotten some Pioneers and they seriously sounded worse than stock so I had to return those.. and i saw a LOT of nice ratings for those speakers too..

I want something YOU GUYS think is actually good and worth getting.

I plan on getting either a sub, or a pair of 6.5" mid-bass speakers aswell..

Thanks a lot guys.

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 115
"I want something YOU GUYS think is actually good and worth getting. "

Most people around here would tell you to save your money and get better quality gear from the start.

$75 for any component speaker is cheap.

However CDT makes quality products so they would be a good buy.

"I do plan on getting a cheap amp aswell "

-Save your money and get something better, especially when it comes to amps. Reliability as well as SQ are sacraficed in low budget amps.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
INFINTIY 6002I's i got them for 40 bucks canadian and retail at 60 US. Off ebay i put them in the back because i have frequent rear passengers and that i didnt want to mess with my door pannels sounds great tho. Just intence so go with thoes there cheap but INSANE!

slaya
Unregistered guest
The CDT's i'm getting from this guy localy, retail package and everything, that's why their so cheap.

they retail for 149$

the Infinity's are kinda expensive on ebay, especially for boxed ones.. the used ones are around 90$ but I don't trust the used ones..

which would you guys consider a better deal?

thanks

slaya
Unregistered guest
how would the components sound if I just hooked them upto my head unit for a while?

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
i got thoes infitys off a 25RMsx4 head unit they sound alright specially if you have bass you dont gota worry too much about it.

slaya
Unregistered guest
CARAUDIO, did you get the speakers NEW or used? how did they turn out from ebay? any other info about how you get them would be nice..

was it a "store"(or one of those people who sell a LOT of the item) or some normal guy (like us) who wanted to get rid of his speakers.

just a little scared to get used speakers off ebay.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
Got them off ebay used SICK price great speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 120
i wouldnt recommend buying from a private seller (like us so to speak) because you never know. I know people that have gotten screwed.

CARAUDIO
"i got thoes infitys off a 25RMsx4 head unit they sound alright specially if you have bass you dont gota worry too much about it."

If you have subs (bass) and you only have your fronts on your HU then your front stage is going to be really weak and get drowned out by your lows. You def. want to use an outboard amp on your front stage > HUGE difference. SQ and SPL.

Bronze Member
Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 59
The two most common complaints I've heard about Infinity components are: harsh tweeters... hurt your ears at loud volumes etc.
And the main one: lack of midbass on the components.

I haven't heard enough sets to really make a judgement myself... but that's the common complaint I've heard.

I think CDTs are great value for the money, and that deal on Ka-61's is quite good.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
Doesnt have bass but if you want bass you get AMP! Small 200wat 2 channel thing or if you getting 4 then 600 thing 4 channels good.

slaya
Unregistered guest
thanks guys, i think im going to pick up the CDT's for the front.

What do you guys think I should get for the rear?

I was thinking something with MORE bass because I want to try to live witout a sub and be happy but if i'm not I will add a sub.

By the way I will be amplifying all the speakers.

oh and also, I picked up some infinity's today (the same model except coaxials) which I plan on returning anyways but hooked upto my friends amp the bass wasnt too bad, but normally they were pretty shitty i'd say. and I agree the hi's are harsh, or just TOO much (maybe cuz I had em open and sutff but I thought they were too mcuh.

Thanks guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us