I desperately need help

Unregistered guest
Please anybody help me I recently got a new battery and my husband didnt have the connection wires tightened so the battery was dead he tightened the wires and now my stereo dont work. Its a jvc cd player and it just keeps flasing TEL no sound will come through at all. Everything works like it would normally just no sound. Please help i dont have a manual

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1763
'TEL' means the unit has been muted by the muting wire in the back of the unit. You most likely have 12v going to it. Completely disconnect the mute wire and never hook it up to anything again.

shena
Unregistered guest
Hey Jexx thanks for the information my husband said hes never heard of a mute wire. So im stereo illerate can u tell me how to go about doing that if you would if not cool ill figure it out. Thanks anyways

shena
Unregistered guest
thanks for your help can u tell me how to go about doing that please!!!!!!!!!

shena
Unregistered guest
what is the muting wire look like

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1775
Sorry about that, apparently the link to get to this forum is down (I have it bookmarked, heh).

Yeah, the mute wire can be hooked up to a special type of cell phone so when you recieve or make a call, the stereo automatically mutes itself.

I believe it is the solid brown wire...

shena
Unregistered guest
ok im lost what does my problem have to do with a cell phone just asking. ha ha so ill i have to do is disconnect the brown wire from where the back of the head unit! Remember im stereo illerate just want my music back! haha

shena
Unregistered guest
ok i went to get in my car and it was dead and yesterday we just put a new battery in the car and the stereo worked fine up in till this morning i went to get in the car and it would not do anything so my husband jiggled the cord to the battery and all of the sudden the car started but the stereo quit and all it will do is flash TEL and there is no sound.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1781
How is it wired? It sounds like a bad installation...heh.

shena
Unregistered guest
i dont know it was already hooked up when we got the car. i just need your help on how to fix the problem. please!!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1782
Did you have any luck finding the 'TEL' (muting) wire?

Nick_SQ
Unregistered guest
Telephone mute lead is usually brown, and from my past experiences it needs to be grounded, not wired positive (as far as i can remember) Or it could be a security thing in the deck...try resetting the unit with a pin (if it has a tiny reset button)

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1784
It doesn't need to be hooked up at all, does it?

shena
Unregistered guest
no it doesnt have a brown wire and it doesnt have a reset button

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1786
Upload

Does your unit have any wires not listed in the above picture? If it does, please list their colors...

The mute wire might be a different color...

Also, what is the brand and model number on your unit?

shena
Unregistered guest
its an old head unit its a jvc model kd-s570 if that helps any i dont have the manual or anything i cant find a damn thing on it. Im so damn lost here. Cant figure out the problem i guess ill just junk it.

shena
Unregistered guest
i just unhooked the damn thing and it started working again thanks for all your help!!!!really appreciated it very much.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1797
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

shena
Unregistered guest
no problem you did what you could! Your cool for taking the time to even help me! thanks

Unregistered guest
how can i set the time?I'm lost..help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us