Sq system for mustang

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 315
Okay well my dad just bought a 1966 for mustang for me and him to drive(mid life crisis.lol) I want to know what speakers would be bst for this type of vehicle. He listens to old rock and i listen to rap and techno. I no that these music types are the opposite, but what is a good cheap happy medium? My dad is a lil cheap when it comes to electronics.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 580
Well monkey man, seems like you should be replacing the speakers since he's letting you drive the car.

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 320
Well besides the point...i want to know what are some speakers that would sound good while listening to techno, rap and old school rock. Preferable around 150-200 bucks.

Username: Brandonk17

Post Number: 1
Infinity kappa series would be in your price range (especially if you used ebay) and would probably do the job nicely...

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 142
CDT-C61
MB Quart RCE-216
Diamond Audio M361

These are all good speakers from reputable brands in your price range.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4837
The bigger question is where you are going to put them. Those Mustangs have tons of kick panel space, but that will of course require that you fiberglass kicks for the car. The doors are a decent location, but unless you already have the door grill I definately wouldn't cut into them because there is no way you could repair it if you wanted to take the speakers out in the future. Bad side of the vinyl-grained metal on the doors.

Other question is are you running them off a head unit, or do you plan an amplifier in the future?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4450
Before you buy Diamond Audio speakers, double check the country of origin. It is made in China.
If you're lucky, you might find one made elsewhere.
Don't get fooled by the brand name. Lot of them have shifted their manufacturing plant.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us