Issue with new 6x9's and tweeters

Username: Forsakendecay

Post Number: 1
Alright. Life has become extremely complicated with these new speakers. Last year, I had someone professionaly install (because I knew them and it was done for free, I decided to do it that way) two Pioneer 220w speakers in the front doors, and a Sony Explode 1100w Amplifier with two 10" Sony Explode 600w subwoofers. I left the rear 6x9 rear dash speakers alone. Well, those two rear speakers blew on me the other week and I decided to upgrade. This is where I have the issue:

The two 6x9's are Pyramid Royal Red 600w 4-way speakers. I also bought a pair of GMI Pro Titanium Super Dome Tweeters.

Connecting the two 6x9's by the regular possitive and negative wiring from the car didn't work. I was told I would have to bypass the factory amp in the car. The easiest way to do that was to run the wires directly to the back of my Pioneer CD-Player/Radio - instead of going through reconfiguring the factory amp. I did that, and I can hear them, but barely - as if no power is there to push them at all.

The next issue would be the tweeters - I bought a high-pass Crossover Network for them. I was going to install them to the dash, but at the time being I didnt have a soldering gun to be able to mount the wires to the front two speakers yet. So I went ahead and decided to install them to the Sony amplifier I have. I was told because I am using a crossover network, I can skip connectiong the capacitator. So I connected the the Crossover Network directly to the possitive terminal of the tweeter, and form the other end of the Crossover, I connected possitive speaker wire and ran it to the possitive terminal on my amp. I connected the negative speaker wire directly from the negative terminal of the tweeter to neg terminal of the amp. Well, all I got from the tweeters were a low static sound and that was all. So I'm not sure how to go about doing either of these the correct way. Any help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us