What Happend To My Loud Sound System

Username: Black013

Post Number: 9
I recently purchased a sound system from my friend which was 2 15's 1571 SE Audiobaun and when I put install it it was hittin hard to the point where my ears were hurting but my dumb self got greedy and bridge my 1 ohm stable 2000 watts Percesion Tecknique amp and I ended up burning up 1 Speaker so when I replace the speakers and hook everything back up it sound okay but not as loud as first what could be the reason ??? could it be its not wired right in the speaker box???? I think I wired it series

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 572
could also be your hearing

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 108
well if you wired them in series the amp wont deliver as much power as if they were wired in parallel.

P = V^2/R

If R ^ then P decreases [assuming rail voltage doesnt sag]

If R decreases than P increases.

Post Number: 10
so wire them parallel to get more power out my 1ohm amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
Yes, if your amp is one ohm stable and your speakers are two ohms each, then wire them in parallel to get a net load of one ohm.

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
however be carefull of wiring the load down to the lowest load your amp can take. Impedence varies depending on frequency and your speakers can be like 8ohms or down to like 1 ohm. Your amp could get damaged if the subs impedence falls below 2ohms because then your amp is trying to provide power to a load which it isnt designed to provide to.

So it might be better to get a larger amp [if possible] and wire the subs in series. This way you wont run the risk of damaging your amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
you say a larger amp but its 2000 watts ?? also how do I wire them parallel now I have them running red to red black to black from each voice coil

Username: Loud_and_low

Post Number: 3
that is parallel so you are getting the most out of your amp the way it is installed now. What he is saying is that you should get an amp that produces 2000 watts rms at 4 ohms where as your produces that at 1 ohm. Generally simply an amplifier that is designed differently not necessarily larger. Also in general Audiobahn subs are famous for not exactly handling the power they claim to, so it is likely you could get away with significantly smaller amp.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 198
You should really avoid wiring seperate subs in series, if at all possible. Just for the record.

Chances are it's your hearing... I can listen to bass hit to the point where other people say they're going to throw up, with minimal pain in my ears anymore...

Dont do it for extended periods of time though...as I do value my hearing.. ;)

Username: Loud_and_low

Post Number: 4
Seth just curious why would you say not to wire separate speakers in series. from that logic you also shouldn't wire separate subs in parallel, since either simply produces a change in resistance which can be calculated using Ohms law.

Anonymous

right, but Voltage remains constant when resistors are wired in parallel, where in series, it is different.

Username: Xpop2027

Miami, FL United States

Post Number: 5
haha ur hearing lol lmfao
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us