Do i need rear speakers

Stangboy69
Unregistered guest
Do i need rear speakers in my 1969 mustang coupe, i want to build up a system for it, but need to no what all i need, i was thinking 2 front speakers and a couple 10's or 12's and amp in the trunk. I also need to no what will need to be done in order for my car to handle the extra volts

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
No if you have a sick frontstage you wont need back speakesr at all. I just found that out recently aswell.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1427
get a High Output Alterator.
general rule of thumb is 10 amps of current for every 100 watts RMS of power produced, so if your system consists of 1500wRMS, then it is pulling roughly 150A of current.

to be on the safe side, take that number(150) and add it to the number of Amps that your stock Alternator produces, and that will be a safe number of amps your newer High Output Alternator should be around.:-)

again, this is just an example, if you only have a 800wRMS system total(mids and highs and sub included) then you would plug and chug around 80A into the above formula.

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 101
only need rears if your gunna have frequent rear passengers.

This might help
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/rearfill.html

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10540
that ford has plenty of kick panel space to use kick pods, too.. just fiberglass them by hand to hold a set of 6.5" separates up front, and amplify them.
then add another amp for the subs
it'll be set up a lot like my 66 Charger

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4803
Yep, I was about to say the same. Early Mustangs have a ton of room for kick panels.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 923
i wouldn't get rear speakers. I experimented with the whole only fronts or frontsand rears and having only fronts sounds much better. So not only do you get a better sound stage with just fronts but you save money by not having to buy rears! Can life get any bette when it comes to this dilema? I submit that it can not! lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
absolutely!!!

Instead of buying rears, save for an amp for the fronts. I agree its that easy

zim gumbo
Unregistered guest
ya use 15 in back and 12 in da doors i have 30 in speakers in my car so u could 2 3 amps to gl

Silver Member

Post Number: 442
besides the incoherent english, what the he!! did you say? You have 30" speakers?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10769
I think he meant he has some crack rock.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us