Alpine 9831 vs Alpine 9851

Unregistered guest
OK, there's this stereo store that's got a huge sale this week and these 2 decks are the same price. I know the 9831 is a few years older but i'm wondering which will give me the best features and quality? the salesman strongly suggests the 9831. is it that its old stock that the store wants to get rid of it or is it really such a better buy than the newer 9851?

to add a little more information, I got a 4 channel amp powering infinty kappa components and a kappa perfect sub.

So I want a good deck to compliment my current system. So someone please help cause the sale ends this saturday!

Bronze Member
Username: Jundi

Post Number: 19
i have been hearing alot of bad things about the 9851 it breaks real easy. read up on the forum you'll see alot of people have problems with this deck.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 875
Yea, the newer stuff is kinda etchy. You have to be careful when you buy it, make sure it has a yellow dot by the bar code if you go with the 9851.

But honestly, I'd go with the 9831. I've owned the 9855, 9851, 9833, and the 9831, and I have the 9831 in my work car, and the 9833 in my Jeep (where the REAL music power is), and guess what I did with the other two? Sold 'em.

I hope Alpine gets their sh1t together and starts building decks like the older models...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us