No power to 97 sentra deck

zx838sod
Unregistered guest
ok...i wasnt thinking and i was just going to hook my subs up to my back speaker wires of my 97 nissan sentra to see if i could get any sound and then when i turned up the volume my deck just shut off i blew at least one fuse and replaced the one i found (bat.electronic something) but there is still no power going to my deck. i changed it back to my old tape player to see if i broke my deck but i wasnt getting any power still i dont know what to do and i cant afford to take it to the shop...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1680
Was it just the fuse behind the deck? Did you check all of the fuses on the fuse panel (specifically the radio one)?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 373
Sounds like you burned up your deck.

Probably due to the fact that you may have run too low of a resistance load. HU's are not stable below 4 ohms. If your sub has DVC and it was wired in paralel, it definetly dropped resistance. At high volumes that power supply in your HU cooked, due to the load.

Do some research on how wiring can affect resistance.

I.E. paralel, series, and series/paralel wiring.

zx838sod
Unregistered guest
yea i didnt burn the fuse out behind the deck and i switched decks to see if i did burn up my deck and the other one didnt work either it seems like its not getting any power...i will go back and check every fuse but i checked all the fuses that had to do with electronics

zx838sod
Unregistered guest
every fuse seems to be working but there is still no power im not saying my HU didnt fry but i cant tell untill i get power going to it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us