Stereo wont shut off

Username: Loves_music

Small Town, Kentucky USA

Post Number: 1
I have an '89 Honda Accord. When I got the car the radio wouldn't work so a friend hooked it up for me by putting a wire somewhere in the back of the radio and the other end in the fuse panel. Well now the radio won't turn off completely and I'm afraid it will run my battery down. Is this an acceptable way to install this?
Any help would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 172
Make sure the wire he connected is attached to the ignition wire, not the battery, if it's connected to the battery, that's your problem.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4340
Your friend screwed up. The power wire should've been connected after the ignition wire. If not, it'll always be on and will drain your battery. Tell the guy to undo his mistake right away.
Best take it to a audio shop and get it fixed professionally. The most they can charge is for 1 hour (around $40). Your battery alone will cost more than that.

Bronze Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 97
the ignition is the yellow wire i think right ? just have them him reattach it ... someone correct me if im wrong before you go and attach it to the yellow wire

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 175
If a friend connected the wire... I wouldnt judge by color alone... Just my 2 bits. Verify that the wire is for sure the ignition wire, and also verify where he plugged it in at. :-)

Username: Loves_music

Small Town, Kentucky USA

Post Number: 2
Yes the yellow wire was the one that was hooked up. I dont really care if any stations come in i just need a basic radio to use my satellite radio. My problem now is where exactly to hook up that yellow wire. I need to know which fuse to hook it into and how. And also where to hook it up in the back of my radio. I had someone else unhook it and he doesnt know how to hook it up right. I was told its not the original radio and not geared for a power antenna which my car has and thats why he hooked it up like that in the first place. By the way the guy that hooked it up lives in Michigan and I have moved to Kentucky thats why hes not fixing it for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us