Rainbow Audio sale

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10464
hey I know a Rainbow Audio dealer here in teh US (located in MI) who's about to place an order for goods. If anybody is looking for anything by Rainbow and is ready to purchase, he can make you a deal. He can get any product they make, including speakers, components, subs, etc.
Anyway if you have a serious interest in getting something by Rainbow, I can get you in touch with the company owner who's placing the order so you guys can work out prices, payment, and delivery options etc.

Let me know if anybody is interested.. just get me an e-mail address and I'll put ya in touch with him directly.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4338
I'd be interested in a product maybe in the future. Add me to the list.
10Q.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1006
mchampion74@aol.com

Bronze Member
Username: Rearden_metal

Post Number: 23
bennettjmorgan@yahoo.com

Glass, does this mean you are upgrading to Rainbow Reference???

Silver Member
Username: Mrdark

Post Number: 116
ciivic91man@aol.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
ciivic91man@aol.com

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10481
not personally, no.. at least not at the moment.
I'll have Justin get in touch with you guys.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 638
jaackdeth@yahoo.com

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 195
Hey glass, i might be interested.. depends on how much they are. Tcobb@snet.net

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 866
Me too! soccerpro_99@yahoo.com

And does anyone have a direct link to their product line? (yes, I'm lazy tonite)

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 130
how much are the profi v kick bass
dont want to bother him because i wont be ready till nov

Bronze Member
Username: Skober

Faribault, Mn Usa

Post Number: 26
Glasswolf:
Serious about the below mentioned set.
Would you recommend them for a SUV, and if so what AMP will I need.
Rainbow CS 265PRO - Professional Line 6-1/2" Two-Way Component System.
Would like to get a quote from your guy :-)

ultra2349@yahoo.com

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10511
I gave him a link to this thread.. he's going to get a hold of you directly.
those components are smooth, and would sound great. not the loudest components you can buy, but some of the smoothest.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 565
no immediate need, but possibly in the somewhat near future

stevez2002@hotmail.com

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 181
I would be interested in the Rainbow Power CMX 465 Extreme's if I can afford them lol. I want something in the $250-400 range that will handle 200wrms per channel.

aaronhobbs2001@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 182
with a metal tweet if possible.

Username: Ganja_ninja

Martinsburg , Wv

Post Number: 1
sheald1983@adelphia.com

ready to order some soundline 2ways, not sure if i want the kickbasses or not, have a few questions about them.

Username: Ganja_ninja

Martinsburg , Wv

Post Number: 2
oh wow didnt even realize those aren't made anymore. the contour line is the replacement right? can you email me some prices for the cs 265's and cs 265 pros? ready to order now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
the contour line has been discontinued

Bronze Member
Username: Kyle_allen

Post Number: 30
ktallen21@hotmail.com

Username: 6spdcoupe

New Jersey U.S.

Can I get more than one item? Id like pricing on the Soundline,Profi and ProfiVandium sets if possible. All in 6.5" with Kickbass.

MyPearlTPI@aol.com

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 255
is there a reason why i cant find any rainbow products on ebay?

Silver Member

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 189
Hey glasswolf, is this guy you know going through alumapro or directly from out of the country?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10562
he's an alumapro dealer. he's also an Arc and Elevation audio dealer.

Rainbow isn't found on ebay because a: they're a small, high end company based in Germany, b: they don't authorize direct internet sales, and c: they are very expensive to begin with.. much the same reason you don't see a lot of high end companies on ebay much, like McIntosh, Brax, DLS, or ScanSpeak, DynAudio's higher end stuff, Sinfoni, and so forth.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10563
on a side note, he's two orders shy of his minimum now for an order, so time is getting tight to get orders in, if anyone else is still interested and wants a set of speakers second to none for a good SQ system. :-)
just spoke with my friend a few moments ago.

New Jersey U.S.

If hes an Arc dealer, then why does he need ot make a "minimum order"? All his info should have been carried over from Arc to Alumapro when Arc stopped distributing Rainbow. No minimums should have been required.

Where is this guy located?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10581
he's in Detroit, and there is a minimum order with Alumapro.
not my favorite company by far, and not my first choice for a US distributor for a company as good as Rainbow.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10582
one example of why I'm not too fond of them, is that they refuse to cover any warranty issues dealing with rainbow products if they were purchased prior to the change over from Arc.
if you have arc/rainbow items and need warranty work, you go directly to rainbow in germany for support now.

New Jersey U.S.

Post Number: 3
Thats odd, I had no problem getting warranty service.

New Jersey U.S.

Post Number: 5
Whats also odd is that there are no Arc dealers listed for MI. Ya sure this guy is being straight up with you?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10593
e-mail Arc and ask them.
If you're going by the website, it's outdated.

you can also contact Justin directly at justinXXX@detroitbass.com

remove the "XXX" from the above address. I did it to prevent spam trolling bots from snagging the address.

Bronze Member
Username: Skober

Faribault, Mn Usa

Post Number: 29
I've talked to the guy numerous times and is exceptional in response & service. I had no problem finding him and the local ARC dealer in MN knows of him.

New Jersey U.S.

Post Number: 6
Glasswolf...Took your advice, but rather than emailing I called Chad directly. It seems as Justin is NOT an Arc dealer. He was dropped awhile back...just a heads up about this guy. Whether hes your friend or not, Im not sure, but hes definately not an Arc dealer.

Username: J_from_det

Alright some things need to be cleared up here. This is Justin, the guy doing the sale.

Don, I AM a dealer for ARC Audio. If you called Chad, he will say I'm not because of the following:

When my old shop was open my company, Detroit Bass, were authorized retailers for ARC Audio. Times got tough and I had to get rid of the shop. Upon losing the shop, ARC Audio found out and dropped me as a dealer. I have since merged in with another shop located in the area, called XDC INC. We ARE authorized retailers of ARC Audio. If we aren't, then they have been shipping products, and billing an non authorized dealer for the past month and a half ;). We are not on the website because they have to send someone out to the shop to confirm that it's a retail location, blah blah blah. Bascially, he should have been here a few weeks ago, but still hasn't shown up lol.

We ARE dealers for ARC Audio, period. Call and ask Chad about XDC in Eastpointe, he will confirm that we are dealers.

As for needing a minimum order for Rainbow. Soem of yo uare saying you do not need a minimum order when you reorder products through Alumapro. This is true, BUT, I am selling products for our BUY IN order. We are not authorized dealers until this order goes in, thus the need for a minimum amount. We are trying to raise enoguh money to become a dealer, and in turn helping you out.

New Jersey U.S.

Post Number: 7
Actually did that. He told me you are NOT a dealer. Your not even in their system. I wont quote exactly what was told to me, but that basically sums it up.

Yes there is a minimum for RAC products,but it is only $1K. Do you really feel the need to run the risk of online sales just to make that amount?

Im not trying to kill your business here, but people spending their money on a product should hear the whole story. IMO.

Username: J_from_det

Well, I'm not arguing about this. The fact that we sell ARC Audio products is reason enough to know that we ARE dealers. I don't know why they are saying we aren't dealers, but we are.

I apologize to everyone, but this offer is no longer going, I'm not going through the trouble.

New Jersey U.S.

Post Number: 8
Not trying to argue either. Just sstating the facts they told me.

Bronze Member
Username: Ultra57

Post Number: 19
"Not trying to argue either. Just sstating the facts they told me."

Don wants us to believe his words are golden fact and to ignore the explanation from the guy he's dumped implication on ? The world is full of activity not publically official but still legite Don to protect images until so.
Calling a guy out on a public forum is classless in my opinion. Implications, judgements and opinion are better served to him directly.
Your motive and negative spin has been served, so mission accomplished Don.

New Jersey U.S.

Post Number: 9
Actually what happens when someone has a problem with their product when they bought it A: online, B: unauthorized. In either case..no warranty. Quite a jump for a few hundred dollar product.

You can believe what you like and take my words with a grain of salt. I on the other hand am in fact a dealer of Arc,Rainbow,and Alumapro. SO yes I involved myself. I know Chad from Arc Very well and made him aware of this, he in turn told me what I posted above. Ive also spoken with Diane/Ken this morning and informed them as well.

When someone is cutting prices and taking food from the plates of actual dealers, then yes I will voice my words. Whether a dealer or not (although confirmed not) online sales are prohibited, but to add salt to the wound, he wants to sell $650 speakers for $400? I for one, as well as others on various boards dont want to see it.

Username: Estheticdesigns

Rainbow is not to be sold online or transhipped- Period. Now Mr. Justin, is this type of behaviour the reason as to why you are not an Arc dealer anymore? Regardless, this is a spineless act...

I contacted Alumapro and spoke to Diane myself, I wouldn't count this order as 'safe' people. Called Arc as well, this guy doesn't currently exist in their dealer network.

Kevin Dube,I wouldn't consider a dealer classless for calling out obviously a real 'classless', cutthroat, bushwacking, 'wannabe' dealer....doing the very exact things that under contract a 'real' dealer of these products is prohibited from doing.

Are you that hungry for a dollar Mr. Justin?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
"Kevin Dube,I wouldn't consider a dealer classless for calling out obviously a real 'classless', cutthroat, bushwacking, 'wannabe' dealer"

Manuel:
Making a statement to "me" about someone else proves my point and only strengthens my position.
We will just have to agree to disagree.
Being I hold no "bias" to anyone in the matter I simply come from the side of the tracks where you meet the meeter my friend.
In other words take it to the party direct instead of the public & personal attack approach.
Being your so business wise and informational I'd think slander and or defimation to charector or business to be negative in anyones eyes, and especially from a business perspective.

No matter what the curcumstances and facts are, this forum or any other is not a public court, judge or jury. Anything beyond your reports to the dealer is obvious motive and intent to do more then just report your perceived wrongs by others.The Companies can step forward and handle what ever issues there may be with the alledged.
Sometimes how we handle the issue is more detrimental to our business and our own charector then issue presented itself. Nothing personal just some food for thought !!

Silver Member

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 192
I would have to agree with kevin on this. I can appreciate someone's concern on whether or not someone or something is legit but to openly put down or slander someone or they're business on a public forum? Isnt that a bit childish? I agree that the only thing you should have done was contact the real dealers personally and express your concerns. IMO you're just as bad as any "wannabe,bushwacking" seller who may or may not be an actual dealer.

Silver Member

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 193
here is a link to another forum where they're are alot of people vouching for this guy.

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/showthread.php?p=1740157#post1740157

Username: Estheticdesigns

well the truth is out....he's neither an Arc dealer nor a Rainbow dealer...contrary to what the poster and Justin himself led you to believe

It's as easy as picking up the phone to verify, that is all.

I wouldn't trust a person that has to lie to do business.

Also, as i understand it- the manufacturer has to give permission for 'group buys'or 'buy-ins' and thus set the prices. Its not ethical selling products he physycally doesn't have or stock.
Being he's not a dealer, nor has gotten permission from the manufacturer, i find this quite interesting.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
When you start dumping buckets of implication on any business or individual in this liticious society, you better be prepared for what you set yourself up for in return.
Seen a case almost identical to these curcumstances before. When it all washed out the "distributor" was the fault party bending dealership guidelines and promoting the dealer as the fall guy because "they" had not tied up the final end with the dealer yet. When purchase orders and account paybale statements surfaced from the "distributors end" providing product to the alledged crook those running their mouth found themselves in a very negative situation.
Acting as a voice piece for corporate america (ARC) spilling names, and representing isn't a wise idea.

Sometimes the real facts jump up and bite "you" in a place that really hurts. Should the bad guy turn out to be the fall guy and the underdog, guess where the customers $$$$ are still going to go ? Competition breeds such ugliness and negatives in all business.Good side or alledged bad side.

This customer still decides who, what, and how much in the end. Everyone gets a fair shake and the benifit of the doubt in my mind.Unless you paint yourself a fool or choke on your own foot :-)
Hopefully this will take a "civil" course and work itself out for the well being of all.

New Jersey U.S.

Post Number: 10
Kevin,

I understand and can appreciate your standpoint completely, and yes the potential customer will make the final decision. My main concern is the online selling issue. I as being a shop owner myself try to stop it in anyway that I can. Especially when something is being offered both A: He doesnt even physically have, B: Well below the cost it should be sold for.

The debate of if hes a dealer or not is irrelevant, as theres not gonna be right/wrong situtaion if and when this comes to an end. Selling online is prohibited, period.

I simply passed along the info that was told me to, I personally am not accusing him of not being a dealer, just stating what I was told. Regardless its a moot point now.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Don:
Your fair business perspective is totally understandable. Simple report to ARC or Rainbow was all that was needed IMO.
Any follow up on here or information released should have come through those two parties and privately to Justin.

Airing out the laundry of inner dealer arrangements and guidlines do not belong out here again imo. We dont know the facts or rules one way or the other.

Respectfully though I'm curious how anyone can obtain a buy in Rainbow dealership. Are you suppose to "advertise" for them independent to secure orders to meet the minium for the initial purchase ?
Or are you required to buy and pre-stock product for sale in "hope" you can move it to reach the buy in requirement. Seems like a backward system to me, why not just charge a flat fee and start dealing if you are required to sit on product at chance.

The example I used in my previous post was just about this exactly. This individual footed the difference "himself" between the quoted price and the regulated price by the mfg. In order to bring in a line people wanted and to expand his product line and customer base.
He actually bought a percentage of everything sold out of his own pocket which of course wasnt a known fact until later.
Thats my point here I guess Don, there are so many scenerio's and facts that can turn a person one way or the other. None of which need be presented in this forum at anyones expense.

Bronze Member

New Jersey U.S.

Post Number: 11
Your right it shouldnt have elevated to the point that it. When I originally posted it was with an interest to find out who.where the guy was. The when I asked Glasswolf if the guy is "legit" so-to-speak, he replied with a Yes "email Arc and ask them" which was my intention anyway. When I did so, I reported what I was told of him not being a dealer just to advise potential customers. After that defenses for him sunk in so I retaliated. Was I wrong or took it too far? Most likely yes. I have been in this business quite a long time and take a great passion in dealing with both the products as well as my customers, so at times I do tend to fly off the handle.

As far as minimum orders, yes by all means you can try to "fulfill" an order with customers prior to making an initial one. Ive done this numerous times, just not through the internet. I still to this day do it, when I want to make a large order to save on freight, Ill wait a bit till I have enough interest in that particular line before I order it. It saves me $$ in both freight and volume dealer discounts. This is all provided I dont have a customer waiting for something. Basically minimum orders are a simple way to obligate you to a product line, rather than being a "cherry picker". Before they give you their support, they want to confirm your serious about the product. It isnt the most effective way, but it works to an extent. In Alumapros case they require $1K buy-in, then $1K a year. That is an Extremely easy number to hit. Other manufacturers, especially well established/well known ones will expect to see a whole lot more, both initially as well as quarterly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
That was my curiosity as I saw you post that 1K figure earlier.
None of what has transpired seems to justify the risk of that amount or to be taken to the wood shed over. I just purchased some Profi 265 Phase a little over a week ago. They all but hit 75% of that total needed alone.

Anyway, I'm done with the issue and just hope it all works out with everyone happy. Rainbow is hard enough to find without loss of prospects and price competition.

Bronze Member

New Jersey U.S.

Post Number: 12
Too bad ya didnt live closer. Despite all that has transpired I could have helped ya with those. ;)

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10614
I'll simply say this.
"Don" here has 13 posts. All but one of them as a registered user have been in this thread, trying to cause trouble.

That says about all I need to know about him.

On the other hand I know plenty of people first hand who've purchased products and had work done by DetroitBass, without any incident.

end of story.

Bronze Member

New Jersey U.S.

Post Number: 14
O my apologies then. I didnt know post count made a better person, or a more knowledgable at that.

Like I said, I relayed the info I was given, aside from the obvious of internet sales being prohibited.

Now would my resume,or feedback/post count from other forums make you feel better?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10635
not particularly. Count alone doesn't mean a whole lot, but content sure does, which you've already proven

If you want respect, earn it by helping people.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4488
What's with all this arguments? If Justin wants to help the little guys save some money, I don't see anything wrong with that. We could all use some savings after the gas goughing.
Besides, GlassWolf vouches for this guy, so he has to have some merit.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4489
Justin E, don't cancel the buy cause you got some $hit from couple of people. You're not really breaking any rules cause it's not internet sale. Just a form of advertising.
According to this post, there are quite a lot of people interested, including me.
So I say go for it. After what GlassWolf did for you by spreading good words on your behalf, it would be a shame. As you know, GlassWolf doesn't do that for anyone.

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 171
so i guess these guys never ever shop on ebay.

well, would you get up and start yelling how immoral your friend is for asking if you wanted to use his employee discount to buy yourself something.

i can see if you called the manufactor and then was leary about sending your money, but to then start bashing someone who offers a few poeple a price break, now that's just moronic.

you know what i say?? if you don't like it then beat it.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
I can get them for just under 600 all i care is if i can get them cheaper
car shops are only gonna be needed for instalation in the future anyway yall should stop crying

Anonymous

"I can get them for just under 600 all i care is if i can get them cheaper"

Lil Jon:
Define what "model" you mean by them for under $600

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
the vanadium kickbass profis

Anonymous

Thanks, I'm looking into some phase plug or maybe dynaudio.
You find a dealer or through a second party ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
yea I know a dealer
havent met a dynaudio dealer yet
i kow a Iridium dealer too

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3816
I can vouch for Justing. I've stopped at his new Detroit Bass shop when I was in Detroit in August.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us