Back speaker (no plural) crackling - please advise.

Username: Parklife

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, I installed a new system - All pioneer. But the problem rests with the back left speaker (a 6").

Symptoms - 4 minutes of clear cut sound, then crackling starts coming through.
Solution - transferring all sound through right speakers now, opposed to evenly throughout left and right.
Result - as long as i'm not pumping my music hard (I have now learned not too), sound is the same as the day i got it.

Possible suspicions - advised by friends and car expert wannabes alike:
- loose wires - the pumping of the speaker bumps an electrical wire or a wire of some sort, creating an opening in its jacket/sheath, and this current flow is what I am hearing.
Solutions I have had recommended to me:
- spray some sort of product into the speaker. This apprently does something like seal openings or something...

Thanks in advance to anyone who advises. After browsing this forum for a good 2 hours, I can see there are a few people who know their stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 375
Have you ever misplaced your keys?

Bronze Member
Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 53
Well, to try and figure out where the problem lays, you could swap the rear wires on the amp, so you run the speakers off opposite channels... that will help you figure out if it's a problem before (or in) the amp... or something wrong with the speaker/speaker wire.

If it persists (same speaker, does the same thing).. then you could pull the speakers out, and swap sides. That would tell you if it was the wiring, or the driver itself.

Process of elimination.. just keep swapping stuff around until you know for sure which thing is constant factor.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us