Direction that subs face

Bronze Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 40
sorry for all the annoying questions guys, trying to learn and asking questions tends to be the best way :-) alright so other than marc who installed the 8s into the small box under the seats, im yet to find anyone with subs in the back of a 3000 except for people who have a box that covers the entire trunk and faces the top of the hatch. does it matter which way the box faces? couldnt i make a box for some subs and face them up at the top of the hatch and then it would be easy to fit into my trunk?

habla
Unregistered guest
face them torward the trunk so the sound will bounce off the trunk

Bronze Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 41
see thats the thing.. the box wont fit sitting upright, because id need at least a foot of room. im not exactly sure, but the top of a 3000 trunk might be about 6 inches high? check the pics in my other post need subs for 400-900 somewhere down there and check the intstall marc did and see how small my trunk is, i think my only option is point them up at the hatch

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 290
You ever tried putting your sub on the passenger side, front floor board area? I've done it facing the engine, and then later facing straight up (kinda resonates under the glove box - IMO). It's definately much louder in my car, but the bass is definately not as "rumbling". You can hear it from further and there's NO vibration in the front. In the back, it mainly vibrates outside and hits really hard inside.

Then again, I own a convertible... apparently all cars are different (acoustics, etc)

Hope this helpes!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us