HELP on cd player purchase.

Bronze Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 20
Pioneer Premier DEH-P430
JVC MP3/CD KD-LH2000
JVC MP3/CD KD-SX980
I am looking at gettting a NEW cd player, I need one that has the ability to fine tune sound (high,mid,low, bass) and preouts to be able to run a sub amp and an amp to the speakers.
Like the cd player I have now does not have enough pre-outs I have the front speakers hooked up to an amp and I now have only REAR speakers, so I cannot move the sound away from the back to the front as it's ALL rear and left+right.
will any of these CD players do justice?
These are being sold around where I live so they are USED.
thanks

Bronze Member

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 24
Anyone care to help an old man out?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1659
Heh, I would suggest the Pioneer, that Premier model is loads better than those abysmal JVC headunits.

It will definitely handle all of your external components. They have it on the pioneer website but the link won't work through this board...

Bronze Member

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 27
Ok thanks man Pioneer it is!

Unregistered guest
"F" JVC. after having mine for just 16 months, it can't read CD's anymore. the radio works fine but it just ejects cd's. and I had pretty descent one too. actually it reminds me of the JVC MP3/CD KD-LH2000. its the JVC KD-LH3150, probably the model from a few years ago.

grease
Unregistered guest
The new JVC 05 range is looking good, also pioneer and blaupunkt are a gooood choice. Depending on your budget, these are the ones to go for on the lower end, if you want high-er end, go for alpine or nakamichi or Becker

ricky g
Unregistered guest
im 16 and have a 99 camry. i dont no alot about car audio but want to upgrade my system. im thinking
-Head Unit: Sony In-Dash CD Player (CDX-F5710)

PLEASE help me out and tell me what i should do.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1673
i wouldn't recommend sony.

try Alpine, Pioneer, or Clarion.

amosisdog
Unregistered guest
sony is the worst brand you could ever buy all of there car audio sucks if you look at the specs and features of there cd players it looks really good but they sound like crap and are as reliable as crap usually the less features the better the sound go with kenwood or clarion alpine sucks this year

tony g
Unregistered guest
What is the best head unit under 200$ with an auxilary outlet?

ricky g
Unregistered guest
how about Kenwood KDC-MP5028??

ricky g
Unregistered guest
Kenwood KDC-MP5028 or Clarion ProAudio DXZ555MP??

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1852
Clarion. Kenwood isn't that great.

ricky g
Unregistered guest
Alright ive narrowed it down to
Alpine CDA-9847 or Clarion ProAudio DXZ555MP??

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1904
I would pick the DXZ555MP...

ricky g
Unregistered guest
k thanks

ricky g
Unregistered guest
k thanks

Denis_A
Unregistered guest
hey Ricky, I was looking at the exact same units you are and I also considered the Eclipse CD5425. You should have a good look at the Eclipse deck, its a strong competitor for reliability and quality.

ricky g
Unregistered guest
what about the Pioneer DEH-P6700MP(or DEH-P7700MP)? ive heard alot of good things about them, but i do like the Clarion ProAudio DXZ555MP.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us