2 kicker comp VR 15"

Username: Billetxterra

Miami, Fl Usa

Post Number: 1
i have two comp vr 15's connected 2/ohm with a memphis 1000D i currently hit 149.5db but it still doesn't feel loud enough. i wanna get one more but don't know what amp 2 get. now price limit just whant crazy bass

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 209
what mic?

mic location?

Miami, Fl Usa

Post Number: 2
don't know the mike it was at a local comp. but it was up above the dash near the winshield

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 895
i highly down you hit 149.5 with a TL mic. 149.5 ... theres no way you want to listen to that daily and say its not loud enough...

Miami, Fl Usa

Post Number: 3
i have proof but the pics i got don't wanna upload? You wanna see go to www.cardomain.com/ride/822962
but back to what amp to put the comp vr 15 hold 500watts RMS each

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 896
if you were running 2 15inch cvrs the whole time then how did u get 142 in one comp and 149.5 in anohter... 142-145 sounds right for those subs.... actually 145 sounds REAL good for sealed....

Miami, Fl Usa

Post Number: 5
FROM WHAT I'VE LEARNED IS THE SONGS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE (BELEIVE IT OR NOT)

Bronze Member
Username: Slimjim

Caro, MI US

Post Number: 28
listen to bass tracks on your system and find one that seems louder than all the other tracks. Do your testing with this single track so you have a better idea of what your really hitting.

Bronze Member
Username: Slimjim

Caro, MI US

Post Number: 29
listen to bass tracks on your system and find one that seems louder than all the other tracks. Do your testing with this single track so you have a better idea of what your really hitting.

Miami, Fl Usa

Post Number: 6
THANKS BUT ANYONE NOW WHAT AMP TO USE FOR 3 KICKER COMP VR 15 AT 2/OHM W/ 500W RMS EACH

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1032
Christopher,

from what i seen on that splstats.com site...they use an old AC mic.

did the mic they used to measure your SPL look like a white stick about 9-10" long? where did they place the mic? where you allowed to open your doors or roll down windows?

Xterra's can get loud pretty easily...i have seen one do 146 on the TL legal w/ 2 JL w6v2 12's. Your #'s are nice for a sealed enclosure, even if it is on the AC. I would suggest building a ported box for those CVRs before you got new subs.

Old AC mics, depending on how long its been since their last calibration, can be 3-5db off from the new TL.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1033
are those CVR's dvc 4ohm or dvc 2ohm?

if they are dvc 4ohm, that memphis you have is a great match.

oh...and by the way, unless i read it incorrectly your site says you are runnin 2 memphis class d amps. you sure that amp on your mids and highs isnt a class A/B?

Miami, Fl Usa

Post Number: 8
TO BE HONNEST FROM WHAT I REMEMBER IT WAS A BOX METER THAT LOOKED LIKE A DJ AMP. BUT IF YOU GO BACK TO WWW.SPLSTATS.COM AND YOU LOOK AT THE WATTS DIVISION UNDER 951-1300 YOU'LL SEE MY WIFES NAME (CRISTY) WITH OUR LAST SCORE.

Miami, Fl Usa

Post Number: 9
THEY ARE DVC CONNECTED AT 2/OHM. YEAH THANKS FOR NOTICING THAT I GOTTA FIX IT THERE ARE TWO ONE D CLASS THE OTHER IS A/B

Miami, Fl Usa

Post Number: 10
HEY MARSHAL YOU GOTTA LOOK OUT HURICANE RITA MIGHT BE HEADED YOU WAY. IS EVERYTHING ALRIGHT IN LOUISIANA?????

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1034
i'm in northeastern louisian...i'm good.

http://www.splstats.com/modules.php?name=News&file=categories&op=newindex&catid= 3

look at the pic in the top-right corner of that page...is that what the SPL mic looked like?

Bronze Member

Miami, Fl Usa

Post Number: 11
YEAH IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN BUT THEY THROW SHOW HERE LIKE TWICE A MONTH I'LL CHECK IT OUT AGAIN. I WAS THINKING OF GETTING A KICKER 1200 BUT THEN I'LL BE UNDER POWERING THEM WHILE 2500 MIGHT BE A LITTLE TO MUCH POWER. WHAT DO YOU THINK???

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1036
so you have DVC 2ohm CVR's wired in series-parrallel to give the amp a 2ohm load....right?

if so, i would look at a something along the lines of a jbl bp1200.1 or RF 1000bd. both put out full power at 2ohms.

Bronze Member

Miami, Fl Usa

Post Number: 12
YOU THINK THAT 1200 WILL PUSH 3 15'S JUST RIGHT????

Unregistered guest
would you recommended the kicker 15s becuase im about to get them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us