Sony CDX-C5000X radio suddenly stopped working.....

Anonymous

The radio worked fine yesterday and the cd player works perfectly......?!?
I've removed the unit to check if the antennae wire had shaken loose but it was still plugged into the unit.
I've had the player since '01 and never had a single problem with it since I installed it (other than the notorious skipping!).

Any clues??

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1652
Did you check all of the fuses on the main fuse panel?

Unregistered guest
Do you have only noise from your tuner, and your CD player is working fine?
Than you have to disconnect (all) the power wires for a few seconds.... and reconnect again.
Normally the problem is now solved. It's a known problem by sony car hifi.

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies, guys.
I did check all fuses - no problems there.
As for the tuner it doesn't make ANY sound. However when I checked it out yesterday I did not disconnect any wires. I'll have to try that and see if it solves the issues.

TY

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies, guys.
I did check all fuses - no problems there.
As for the tuner it doesn't make ANY sound. However when I checked it out yesterday I did not disconnect any wires. I'll have to try that and see if it solves the issues.

TY

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1665
Then it sounds like the ignition wire (red) came loose. The unit still partially functions because the unit is getting partial power through the battery constant (yellow) cable.

Anonymous

HEy guys........Thanks for all of the tips and suggestions, however none have been the answer. Still no radio and every connection has been traced, checked, retraced and rechecked.
Oh well, I got 4 years use out of it.
Time to buy something other than a Sony!
Suggestions?? :-)

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1827
Pioneer Premier, Alpine, Clarion ProAudio, Eclipse...

What's your budget and what do you want from your headunit? Sound quality? Features?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us