Wiring help

Username: Bp317

Post Number: 5
alright, im trying to decide on which amp im wanting to get to push my 2 12" l7's. im wanting to push atleast 600 watts to each one, and im wonderin if these diagrams are true.
http://www.cardomain.com/shop/wooferwizard.pl?num_of_subs=2&impedance_of_subs=4o hm_dvc&x=157&y=4

because i think im gonna go with option 1. Could i get a mono channel amp that pushes around 600x1 @ 1 ohm and it put 600 watts to each sub? thanks, sorry if i left out any details.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 672
Sorry bro, it doesn't work like that. 600x1 means that you have 600 watts total. So with 2 subs hooked up to it, you'll halve it, or 300 watts to each sub. Not what you want. For those subs, look for a mono amp that is 1-ohm stable and does atleast 1200 wrms @ 1 ohm or a 2-channel amp that does atleast 1200 wrms @ 4-ohms bridged.

And sorry to have to tell you this but since you seem to be a newbie I felt I should warn you: Your going to need to upgrade you alternator for that setup. And its gonna cost ya. Becuase I wouldn't want you fryin' sh1t when you try to hook it to your stock alternator.

Username: Bp317

Post Number: 6
thanks for the advice, i figured it wouldnt be that easy. haha. Could i add a second battery to the back of my car instead of having to upgrade my alternator? haha, im pretty new at this and im still learning some concepts. thanks though.

Bronze Member
Username: Onlinebanking

Post Number: 11
see what's nice is just like isaac said about getting a 1200w @4 ohms... i just got a kicker 1200w @4ohms for my mtx 9500 10" but i drive a manual car so i'm covered better on amp draw... also setting up a cap will help the pull

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 671
PPI DCX 1500.1 should do the trick http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13701
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us