Kicker!

Username: Banksbuck50yayo

Post Number: 3
right now i got a kicker L7 12 inch solo baric and i was thinking about getting another 1, and i was wondering if i put it in like a normal sized car would it be way to much with 2 of em? i got a friend who works with this stuff and he told me that it would like stop my heart. what kind of amp should i buy for 1 and for 2?

Bronze Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 76
probily the best buy around is the mb quart 1000.1 --- 299 free shipping at crutchfield.com even ebay cant beat that price

Silver Member
Username: Lowrollins10

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 123
Sorry but it wont stop your heart. You would need a set up like ALMA GATES to get that!!!

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 101
Whats your budget

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10420
two S12L7 subs on a Kicker KX1200.1 or SX1250.1 (about 600 watts each) will hit in the 130s or low 140s depending on the car and box.
you'd need to be in the mid 150s or higher to stop a person's heart, which while 15dB doesn't sound like much.. keep in mind every +3dB increase is twice the power required.
so 1200^5 watts is what you'd basically need to stop someone's heart.. and you'd need the speakers to handle that power.

for the math-challenged, that's 2,488,320,000,000,000 watts RMS.

makes 3dB sound a lot more meaningful now, doesn't it?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10421
pardon me, that's 38,400 watts RMS you'd need. I used 1200^5 instead of doubling every 3dB. I was thinking of a different power equation.

still, finding 38000 watts is not going to be easy to do.
granted there are other ways to go about it.. like increasing sound pressure by increasing both power and driver displacement, along with enclosure efficiency.. but it's still expensive to get into the 150s.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10422
*rubs eyes* I hate being up late, tehn getting up early, and being sick. lol my brain stops functioning at times.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 846
yea...

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 899
if you want to stop your heart get a 18 inch Mt with a zapco 4kw and have some1 who knows what they are tlkaing about build you a box. still probably wont stop your heart but it will hurt.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 255
"i got a friend who works with this stuff and he told me that it would like stop my heart." It takes approximately 170dB+ without warning (sometimes with) to stop a heart. This is usually high pitched sounds, and not just bass. The human ear isn't overly sensitive to bass, so it's not going to startle you. But with mids/highs included it could! Unless you're running an American Bass VFL Series woofer, you're not getting 174dB with those Kicker's.

130's and 140's aren't that impressive when I hit 135dB with my Volfenhags in a sealed box by the way! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us