Platinum/Gold Members: Got a question...

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 283
I almost bought a RE SX, but it's not optimized for a sealed enclosure...

So my 2 questions are this:

1. In a sealed enclosure, what sub would you say rivals the SX and would perform well at 900 watts? There's got to be an alternative to the SX that's optimized for a sealed enclosure, right?

2. What can you tell me about the TREO SSI? Is it comparible to the SX? The Sound Splinter? Any input about this sub's SPL and SQ would really be appreciated.

Thanks, you guys.

P.S. Congratulations on your platinum status, GlassWolf!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1279
you are really having trouble with selecting a new sub lol

now you already know what i would recommend, b/c i have heard the SSi's, but i doubt the soundsplinter would disappoint you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 295
MuddyWaters:
You have NO IDEA how true that is.
I'm having overflowing amounts of indecisive troubles!!!
I figure, research is the only way to choose a driver that'll make me content. And my decision making process needs closure - BADLY!!! Being content will be the only way to get that closure, I'M POSITIVE ABOUT THAT!
Therefore, read, think, ask, listen, cross-reference information, compare, contact manufacturer for detailed info, calculate, consider enclosures, pfffff... It's not as simple as I thought it was. Back in the day, when I thought about awesome car audio systems...
I thought, "Buy a BIG amp, and a BIG sub, in a BIG box, pretty much ANYWHERE in a car, facing ANY direction (as long as it was IN there), and it'll yield a monster bass worthy of making you vomit."

...you can imagine my disappointment and dispair.
lol

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4337
What are you into? SQ or SPL?
JL W7 in a HO box is very loud. You might want to give it a try before buying anything else.
Even if you hate JL, listen to one. It just might change your mind/perception.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1005
soundsplinters arent going to behave as well as those others in a sealed box. unless you go with the 15's.

imo

1) Brahma, XXX, IDmax, Crystal Cmp, (all first rate, top shelf SQL)
i'm certainly confident that the RL-S is right up with these, but i havn't heard them yet.

2) W6, RL-P, Ti, Diamond D9 (Excellent subs, just not as outstanding as the first tier).

i would be hard pressed to look elsewhere unless i wanted pure spl

Silver Member

Post Number: 297
mikechec9:
My problem with your list is that I only have 900 watts to supply the sub with. Therefore, the Brahma & XXX are automatically out. I tried the IDMAX - but I want something that's the next step up in SPL and loudness. I will say, though, it was a very musical sub and, hands down, one of the best SQL subs out there right now. The thing is... those FUBR's I had previous to the IDMAX hit WAAAAAAAAAY harder and actually seemed to get louder too (not exactly sure about that last one).
Anyway, now I've got my mind set on something with more spl than the IDMAX, but definately able to play loudly and sound great! I don't know anymore...
Are the old avalanche 12's loud subs? I know they go really low, but what about loudness? Is that sub's SPL level what I'm looking for (you think?)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1008
"My problem with your list is that I only have 900 watts to supply the sub with. Therefore, the Brahma & XXX are automatically out."

actually, all of the subs listed work extremely well with 900 watts (save the w6). in fact, 800-900 watts is the optimum power for a brahma, Ti, cmp, max, and RL-P.
not exactly sure what you mean? unless your confusing the thermal rms rating with the mechanical continuous rating. the xxx even does well with 900 watts, but in a proper box works best with 1000-1200.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1009
yes, though-the avi's are loud, relatively loose sql subs.
although the Ti sounds nice, it's a brute monster in the fullness/loudness dpt.
the brahma, xxx, and cmps are great accross the board. however, unless i got a proper 12 in a shell or a 15-18inch sub in a huge port, i don't ever see myself being satisfied with just one sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us