SPEARKER PLACEMENT! GLASS/JAKE

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
I got 2 infinity 6002is and a sub and amp so i want to know hwere to put these speakesr in the front door pannels or in the rear?? thanks.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
So say i put these speakers in front or rear. I just fade them more to the infinty speakers and less to stock so the infitys are pushing more then stock meaning i can push the volume to max now only thing is i have subs in the back i dont know if i want that lil bit of extra base in the front or do i want more sound at the back 2 compliment the the subs??? I may later get another 2 speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1265
you want the speakers in the front, leave the bass up to the sub in the back.:-)

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
But the Factory speakers cant handel over 30 outa 40 vol scale and they start distoring if i was to fade them out to the infinties it would sound better then factory speakers making shitty sound.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1270
fade it out just enough so the rear speakers arent distorting when you turn it up.

and please stop posting in everyone else's threads.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
I have been askin for almost about 2 weeks now no one said anything. But okay thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 822
Put them in the front. You don't need rear speakers. If you run them, it ruins your soundstage. People about sh!t when they find out I'm not running rear speakers. You would never be able to tell just sitting in it. I'm about done adjusting everything so it sounds "perfect". :P

And if you run subs, you probably wouldn't be able to hear them (considering your subs are in the back).

Bronze Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 48
If you fade to your rear speakers you can notice how "far away" the sound is. Then fade to the front and its sounds pretty much the same as if you had the fader in the center. Rear speakers dont do much for the driver/front passenger. Only the rear passengers.

Bronze Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 49
So like jake said, definatly put them in the front, and you could remove the stock rears so then there wouldnt be any stock speakers to distort at high volumes.

A lot of the guys on this forum dont run rear speakers and they have some of the best systems available.

car audio
Unregistered guest
so is there a way i can turn the 50x4 to 100x2 on my car deck?

Bronze Member
Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 48
I doubt it, most head units can't be bridged like that.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
i have a panasonic head unit heres linki to its info
Panasonic 50x4 Watt deck 200
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13777

If there was a way and it wouldnt blow up or ruin anything could i because 50RMS going to 180 Watt speaker x 2 would be better then 50 wasted rms watts and only feeding 25rms to your good speakers more sound better base.

Bronze Member
Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 50
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-fRIqCsCABK3/tech/kb43.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 840
You can't bridge a HU, they don't have a class D "amplifier". And don't worry about the rear speakers, just cut the wires, or fade it all to the front. If it's not enough juice, get a 2 channel amp for the fronts.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
Now any one help me out how do i take my civic door pannel off?? I want to make shore i kno everything to look out for and stuff.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
Oh and should i just get another set to go in the back too theN? Would that be besT?

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
Any one installed speakers in a civic? ANd know for a fact door pannels are 6.5s and not 6x9s also run into any problems??

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 845
You DO NOT NEED, I repeat, DO NOT NEED rear speakers. Take that extra $ and get EVEN BETTER speakers for the front, and ONLY the front. Trust me.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1298
if you are unsure as to how to do these things, take it to a professional, and have them do it the right way instead of being unsure and running the risk of screwing something up.:-)

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
Or save the money and put gas in the car so i can drive it around :-O ?? YAY im just looking for a system i could push 40 from my HU and not hear a SHATERING noise.

15bucks i culd get it installed its cool

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
Well what do you think my sub level setting on my HU should be? 160hz or 120 or 60 or 20? For the subs that is. And also whats the difference:S

Silver Member

Post Number: 848
Those are frequency ranges. I have mine on my Alpine set at 63 or 80, not really a large difference. I'd go with 60 on that deck.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
umm what does it do? Its set at 120 right now ill see if i can find 80 but whats the diff and what does it improve or mess up thanks.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1309
what is the max volume # on your HU, b/c it isn't a good idea to want to turn your HU all the way up.
the underpowered channels in the HU will begin to clip before you reach maximum volume on the HU, so it is best to tune your HU to play at 3/4 volume(being the loudest you would turn it up.)

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1310
it is a cuttoff frequency for your subwoofer. if it is set to 120hz, then no sounds above 120hz will be played in the sub. it is ideal to have it set to 100hz or below, depending on your setup.:-)

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1311
so it is best to tune your HU to play at 3/4 volume(being the loudest you would turn it up.)

and let your amp do the job of making the signals louder.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
Well my setup goes like this.

Amp and Sub connected - RCA cables coming from Deck connected to Sub/AMp setup.

HU connected with 4 speakers.

Now my max volume is 40 on HU ive taken it about 33 and volume shatters up. So what were you saying about Hz and how my setup is what about my setup do you need to know to give me a good HZ figre? I told you as much as i know at the moment about it.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
Also id consider using my subs for sound but i dont know i think its best just to use them for the thump right? Being dual voice coiled and stuff wouldnt matter would it?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1352
"so it is best to tune your HU to play at 3/4 volume(being the loudest you would turn it up.)
and let your amp do the job of making the signals louder."

this post was in reference to this post:

"what is the max volume # on your HU, b/c it isn't a good idea to want to turn your HU all the way up.
the underpowered channels in the HU will begin to clip before you reach maximum volume on the HU, so it is best to tune your HU to play at 3/4 volume(being the loudest you would turn it up.)"

the cutoff frequency has nothing to do with how loud you can turn up your HU, it has to do with how high of a level of bass you want coming out of your sub.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
So is it better to have a high or low cut off frequency? 60 80 120 or 160 ?

Wuld these 180 watt speakers when i push my deck to about 35 want more power and clip my deck??

Silver Member

Post Number: 856
80 for the subs is fine.

"Wuld these 180 watt speakers when i push my deck to
about 35 want more power and clip my deck??"

No.

Bronze Member
Username: Gpz1100

Post Number: 69
Jake,

I do not entirely agree about the rear speaker (or lack there of) concept.

For 2 months, I experimented in my car trying no rears, then various brands/models of rears.

The fronts were alpine type X 6.5" components (spx-177r).

With just the fronts, the sound stage did not sound bad, but it seemed something was missing.

After 4 or 5 different rear speakers (ranging from alpine type R coaxails, type R components [w/out the tweeter], infinity kappa 2 way coaxial, and some other speaker I can't remember) I ended up installing a set of alpine midbass drivers (spx-17mb).

With this arrangement, the sound is very full and encompassing, yet the main sound stage is heard upfront.

My best advice to the OP (besides getting a grammar and spell checker) is to try it without the rears, then try it with. It's very much a personal preference unless you can get the imaging just right with 2 front speakers only.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
ima first try fading the back ones to they dont shatter when i max my HU vol then it will be fine.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
ima first try fading the back ones to they dont shatter when i max my HU vol then it will be fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 867
Yea, I said to try and fade them. But when you start hitting the DBs that I hit, the back speakers seem non-existant. And it also depends on you car, and how you have the audio setup...

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
But dam it is it better to have the subs at right to the back of the seat facing out or all the way up facing the trunk right nex to it?

| <-dats back of the seat\/<- dis the sub |<- dis trunk door

|\/ | like that or | \/| the first line being back of the seat and the 2nd | line being the trunk door would it matter?
If it didnt make sence sorry.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1426
put it up near the seat facing the rear of the car(the trunk door)

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
thats how it is good stuff. Also i still am stuggling to figure out rear or front. Because i have fequent rear passengers aswell and i dont know i want to have 4 good speakers but at the moment have to so i guess mean time ill upgrade up front right?

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
thats how it is good stuff. Also i still am stuggling to figure out rear or front. Because i have fequent rear passengers aswell and i dont know i want to have 4 good speakers but at the moment have to so i guess mean time ill upgrade up front right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us