JL 12W7 and e1800D?

Username: H2o

Post Number: 1
Hey guys. I happen to have a chance to purchase the JL e1800D amp for a relatively decent price, $250. My friend has the hook up. How do you think it will match up with the 12W7? Also, how would this fair against a 500/1 and a 12W6v2 or a 500/1 with a 10w7? All three setups are almost equal in price. I'm just looking to install one sub and would prefer JL since the rest of my car audio is JL. Thanks.

Post Number: 2
up

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 85
well with that amp it will hit.....on a 12w7 but really if that's the only amp match you can do with it i would go down to the 10 version....i have a 12w7 and ran it on 400 watts rms in a sealed box and it sounded really good....it got decently loud and still sounded good but those subs need power and a 10w7 and a 500/1 are kinda made for each other.....i have install a setup with the 500/1 on a 10W7 and it did really well in a sealed box with 500 watts. a lot of people thought it was a set of 12's or a 15 when they set in his car. but i will recommend the 500/1 and the 10W7.....how much you paying for it?

Bronze Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 86
and the reason i didn't say anything about the w6's are because i haven't really messed with them so i can't tell you how they sounded due to i haven't heard them since the design changes

Post Number: 4
i was going to go with a 10w7 and a 500/1 but i was lucky enough to get a 12w7 for $325. couldn't let that go. i guess i'll power it with the 800D.

Bronze Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 87
it will beat and it will sound good......i was surprised it was as loud as it was and how good it sounded on 400watts......but for it to really shine it needs about 750 watts rms!!

Post Number: 5
thanks for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us