How nice of engine noise sounds like nos

masterx
Unregistered guest
hi people im getting engine noise from my speakers i dont know why my power wire is on the left side of the car my rca and remote wires are on the right side and my ground is grounded to the chasi wit a 4gauge so i dont know what else to do i have experience with engine noise but cant get this to go away. camry 2001.

Username: Mmmg

Post Number: 4
i think u have just increased the gain on ur amp to the max or more than needed. Its not like a volume control. Just try to decrease the gain to half and check for the wining sound and later u can increse it slightly. or it can be a bad set of RCA cables or bad ground. If it still persists then it can be some other problem which can be solved by very experienced guys in this forum.

Bronze Member
Username: Gpz1100

Post Number: 57
First off, to the OP, periods and punctuation are your friends. Makes your post easier to read and understand.

To MG, amp gain should have no correlation to ignition or alternator noise. In a properly wired system, amp gain at either extreme will not yield any noise.

Having power wires away from rca's is a good idea. It reduces/eliminates the possibility of noise induction from the power wire to the rca's.

What kind of engine noise is it specifically? Is it static (tick tick tick), or is it a whine? Does it change in frequency as engine speed changes rpm?

In either event, when the installation was done, was the ground sanded down to bare metal for a good contact? Is the ground point a good chassis ground, or some just metal that's spot welded to the chassis (note spelling)?

If the point is just spot welded, try another ground. It is critical to have the area sanded of any paint or other coating for optimal contact.

You could also try disconnecting the rca's from the amp to see if noise is present with no input. If the noise goes away, that means its originating from the HU.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10413
having the input sensitivity on some amplifiers turned too far up does indeed cause feedback in the amplifier and it sounds a lot like engine noise.

it could also be a head unit ground issue. Instead of using the ground wire in the factory harness, run your own to chassis for the radio.

"Having power wires away from rca's is a good idea. It reduces/eliminates the possibility of noise induction from the power wire to the rca's."

far more chance of having noise caused by running the power wire close to a passive crossover. the coils in the crossover are far more prone to induce noise in RCAs than the low voltage DC running through the power wire.

Unregistered guest
im haveing an engine noise problem too, i drive a 86 toyota 4runner and im powering 2 1200 watt subs with a 2400 watt amp, and two 150 watt speakers with a 200 watt amp. now i have tried many of RCA cables, and my pioneer headunit is fairly new. i have tried everything to get this to stop and even reducers u buy to put on the rca cables dont work for me, and my amp is turned halfway down. can anyone assist me with my little problem because it is driving me crazy.

Unregistered guest
nevermind, i figured out that i had a pioneer headunit that was baught at wal-mart (not saying walmart is a bad palce to shop) and it took 100% out of my engine noise. i am now jamming with a KENWOOD headunit and its working way greater and pushing way harder then the pioneer!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us