Are rear speakers necessary in a small car?

Anonymous

Hi, I have a nissan 200sx(small coupe) n was looking for a new system ranging from $1,000-1,500. Are rear speakers necessary? i definitely want subs n was thinking about 2 alpine type-R 12's, wat amp would go best with these or are there better subs for the same amount of money? which headunit should i go with? should i go with alpine or infinity front speakers? I listen to mostly rap n some rock. any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10390
rear speakers:
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/rearfill.html

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10392
rear speakers:
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/rearfill.html

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10393
board froze up.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 815
Right... *cough*newb*cough* :P

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
what about 2 infintiys in civic 05 Front or Rear?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10415
Jake Hill
Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Post Number: 815

*cough*

hehe

Bronze Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 55
put them in the front!

Anonymous

thanks glass

ok, so i'm definitely not going to put co-axials or component speakers in the back. i guess i'll just get rid of them all together n put the money to a 2-channel amp for the front speakers( thinking of Alpine SPR-17LP). but anyone know what would be a good HU or amp for these subs or one for the alpine speakers?

Anonymous

what about the Alpine MRP-T220 to power the front Alpine SPR-17LP? would this be better than getting a pair mid-bass drivers for the back if im already getting subs?

200sx
Unregistered guest
would it be best to leave the stock speakers in the back or just get rid of htem all together

Username: Bsbllmvp05

Post Number: 1
is there a certain depth needed for a box for 6x9 speakers?

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
Remove the stock speakers because they will distort before your after marktet speakers up front. Your system can only be as good as its weakest component.

200sx
Unregistered guest
thanks mike

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1462
"Your system can only be as good as its weakest component."

probably some of the wisest words ever written.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
Your only as strong as your weakest link.

If your weakest link is stock then well your system is stock i guess. But i still dont know i have a full car most the times atleast 3 people so i dont know front or back mmmmmm

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1484
if you have a really good front stage, then your back passengers won't need rear speakers:-)

200sx
Unregistered guest
thanks muddy,
if I have 2 alpine R 12's in the back should I go with

(Infinity KAPPA 62.7I)
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=inf627i&store=&catid=358

or

(Alpine SPR-17LP)
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=alpspr17lp&store=&catid=358

200sx
Unregistered guest
thanks muddy,
if I have 2 alpine R 12's in the back should I go with

(Infinity KAPPA 62.7I)
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=inf627i&store=&catid=358

or

(Alpine SPR-17LP)
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=alpspr17lp&store=&catid=358

200sx
Unregistered guest
sorry board froze

200sx
Unregistered guest
which ones? or are there better ones in the same price range? I was also considering the (Alpine MRP-T220 2 Channel) for the alpine R's but if i went with the infinitys i dont kno what amp to get....I'm pretty much looking for a pair of 6.5's and an amp for around 200

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1629
i would go with the Infinity's myself.

200sx
Unregistered guest
thanks,
what amp would be best to use w/ the infinity's?

200sx
Unregistered guest
????????

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 257
I would suggest the Infinity Perfects, just a thought. I think I'm about to get some since it's time to upgrade, but I'm not sure on the amp...

200sx
Unregistered guest
thanks matt, those do look nice but they're a little out of my price range. I'm going with the (Infinity KAPPA 62.7I) http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=inf627i&store=&catid=358 and I've narrowed the amp search down to either the

(Kicker 04KX150.2) http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=kic04kx1502&store=&catid=303

or the

(Alpine MRP-T220)
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=alpmrpt220&store=&catid=303

anyone had any experience with these amps? which one should I go with?

imazn
Unregistered guest
so after reading that article, would you amp the rearfill speakers or not?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10613
depends on the rest of the system. generally, yes.
I don't like using head units to power anything.

200sx
Unregistered guest
which amp would be best to use w/ the infinity kappa's

200sx
Unregistered guest
???????????

Silver Member

Post Number: 270
well any amp would work but it comes down to how much your going to spend.

Surely your not gunna buy a Zapco amp to power infinity speakers so im gunna bet your more in the Alpine/Kicker range, Eclipse would be better. JL too.

Look on ebay. find something good for cheap.

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 128
I am looking for some speakers too and I like those Infinity Perfects you were talking about earlier. Now, I'm pretty new to a lot of things in car audio, your saying that rear speakers arent necessary? I drive a 3000GT, which barely can ever even fit a person in the back seat, and ill have 2 10" RE SE's in the Hatch so is it necessary to have them? if not, then what would be a good amp to power the infinity perfects? and how much would a professional install on the componets cost? a broad range would be nice

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
You def. dont need rear speakers in a hatchback. However amping the front stage is a must. I thought your budget for speakers was $350-$400 (or was that someone else, hmm). If it is than you can do better than infinity.

How much do you want to spend on the amp. Price generally reflect quality. (Not always)

Eclipse and JL would be nice. Zapco or Arc Audio if you can spend a bit more. Maybe alpine if you cant get JL or something. It pretty much comes down to what you want to spend.

Typically fiberglass kickpods run about $200-$500 (I think) someone recently posted that they payed like $350 i think.

Silver Member

Post Number: 311
"Typically fiberglass kickpods run about $200-$500 (I think) someone recently posted that they payed like $350 i think."

- I forgot to mention thats if their prof. made and installed. Just incase you didnt understand :-)

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 129
what exactly are kickpods.. i ment i had around 500 to spend on speakers and an amp... the infinity perfects were what 279 or so and i can spend the rest on the amp, and if i need a little bit more than my budget for the amp thats fine too... but what exactly are the kickpods because another 300 is like woahhh where did that come from because id never heard of them before

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 130
oh the 279 was just some random website i found i looked on ebay and they were cheaper but i want something with a warranty so whatever that comes out to

Silver Member

Post Number: 323
you can get Infinitys cheaper than 279, prolly around 200 is average.

Kickpods are basically fiberglass speaker mounts if you will. They usually go on the bottom of your door or in the corner of your floor. They hold the midrange and tweeter and it allows you to get the best imaging because its totally customized. Meaning that you can aim the midrange and tweeter where ever you want. On the contrary, when speakers are mounted in the stock location, they have to be flush mounted with the door so you can only mount them one way.

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 131
is it worth 350 bucks just to get them aimed exactly where you want. i mean ive never had aftermarket speakers in my car so i wouldnt even know where to aim them, meaning id have to leave it up to someone else to aim them for me which makes it his preference and if i dont like his preference them im screwed, correct?

Silver Member

Post Number: 325
well, yes in some aspects

A Professional would use an RTA to get the correct imaging which yields the most acoustically pleasing sound. Its a lot cheaper if you made your own kick pods.

My advice-
Put the midrange in the door (stock location) and mount the tweeter somewhere temporarily. Then read up on making your own kick pods. Its not hard, just takes a little time and effort. But it will be way cheaper.

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 132
i could be wrong but my 3000 already has a whole for tweeters all the way up on the top of the dash right under the windshield... what what have to be done to make a kick pods

Silver Member

Post Number: 328
do a search in www.google.com (i hooked you up with the link, lol) for fiberglass tutorials and just look at different sites. I cant explain all of it here. You could post a new thread asking people (a lot of people on here have already made their own) around here how they did theirs.

Mainly it takes elbow grease and patients. A 3000 is a nice car and it would look real cool to have kick pods in there. It really puts the install into the next level.

So like i said just do the research and if you have anymore specific questions just ask.

Im out for the night, time for some beer pong :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us