Kicker Comp CVR, What amp should i get to power them?

Bronze Member
Username: Biggyg9712

Post Number: 44
im thinking of getting 2 12'' kicker compvr's and i was thinking of getting the kicker kx600.1 to power them but its underpowering them by about 50-100 watts rms, should i get this amp or a different one?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1214
go with the KX1200.1

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 453
you serious muddy?!? I wouldn't give those CVR's close to 1400 rms. Those amps are underated. That would be 700 rms apeice. I say the 600.1 would be fine. It will probably give around 650-700rms to them which should be fine.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 289
kicker kx 600 will make those subs sound very good ... i have used that amp on those subs many times ... works like a charm at 2 ohms

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1219
sorry, i was thinking the 12" CVR's were 500wRMS a piece. duh me. lol

it's hard to remember every speakers RMS rating while also trying to study for tests and what not. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 461
lol np, at least you didn't tell him to get the 2400.1 lol. BOOOOOOM!!!! WTF?!?! my subs got launched into outer space. lol :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Biggyg9712

Post Number: 46
are the kicker cvr's better quality and will they last longer than the L5's and L7's

Silver Member

Post Number: 462
yes and yes

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 855
yes to all those questions rolled into one mike johnson... yes indeed.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 246
You should get a potato to power them, hey, it works for lightbulbs, why not an amp? And is a potato an AC or DC current?

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 207
The KX 1200.1 would actually be perfect for the CVR's. I haven't seen any bench tests that prove that amp to do 700w RMS..and even if it did..headroom's a good thing. After impedance rise those subs will get lucky to see 1kw RMS to the pair so good matchup.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us