Again, another uge dilema

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 295
So right when i thought i made my mind on a sub, i hear y friends 2 jbl 15"'s and d@mn the hit!! I made my mind up on one 12" idmax in a ported box. But now i am thinking i may need louder. I can only put out 800 watts so help me out guys. Also i cant get RE(don't ask) so please dont recremend those. Here's what i have in mind...stick with my chouice of the idmax, go with a 15" Rl-p, a treo ssi, or just go all out and get two idmax's but ill only be putting 400 watts into each.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 626
If u don't intend to buy a more powerful amp then Y buy subs that will get underpowered . Buy a sub so that your amp can easily push it like maybe 1 15" Alpine type R . I hope its 800 WRMS u meant ? - but at what ohm ?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2876
The Sound splinters would work nice.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
It puts out 800 watts bridged into 4 ohms. Other wise 400times 2 into 2 ohms. I wouldn't be underpowering the idmax...the forum told me 600-850 is a perfect amount of power into it. i just want to know how the sound splinter compares as far as spl and sq.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1211
if only IDMAX came in a 15" *sigh* lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 297
How hard can i get an idmax to hit? I mean i love sq but sometimes i just really want to bump hard.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2885
Well, the Sound Splinter will prob hit harder, but won't have quite the sq... but will still sound good. imo

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
Or maybe i can seriously go all out and get two idmax's. I can use the amp right now for my front speakers cuz it's a 2 channel amp. Then i can get like an earthquake amp or something to power two idmax's!!!! AWw i have to stop dreaming...

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2886
Lol
2 ID's with 800 watts would be the best choice.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 553
they hit hard, especially sealed. Don't be fooled by the narrow surround, they're pretty long throw drivers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 302
Actually i think i am going to get one and then see if i need another. If i do then i will save up for a bigger amp and another sub. What do you guys think?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2892
Thats a good plan.

Silver Member

Post Number: 303
WAIT...why a sealed enclosure?? I was going to go 2.cu.ft. tuned to 32hz

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 222
I would say a 15" Eclipse Ti and put it in a huge ported box.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 223
That would work good with 800wrms like your giving it and its a 15" like you wanted... do you have a budget or what?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 558
well if you tune it to 32 Hz, you'll never get anything lower out of it. If you want to sacrifice that for loud, go for it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us