Need Opinions

Need4Bass
Unregistered guest
I like it clean & I like it loud. I only have room for 8s. I can fit 4 sealed or 2 ported. What 8s would you use and in what enclosure. I'll power them with whatever I need.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 966
info-http://forum.soundillusions.net/showthread.php?t=44070&highlight=great+challenge
results- http://forum.soundillusions.net/showthread.php?t=45731&highlight=great+challenge
discussion- http://forum.soundillusions.net/showthread.php?t=45741&highlight=great+challenge

Need4Bass
Unregistered guest
Interesting reading. The biggest thing I came away with is " the JL w7 8s aren't worth the extra cash!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1191
if it was me, i would go with either the RE 8's, or the ID 8's:-O

Silver Member

Post Number: 967
"Interesting reading. The biggest thing I came away with is " the JL w7 8s aren't worth the extra cash!"
none of the 7's are imo. i like the w6

Need4Bass
Unregistered guest
4 sealed or 2 ported ?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1192
i would go 4 sealed
they will be louder than 2 ported.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1193
theoreticall if you have 2 subs, and port them you gain 3db

if you have 2 subs and add two more with full power to each you will gain 12db(twice as loud)

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1194
*theoretically if you go from sealed to ported you gain 3db*

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4767
The only problem with the test is that they used only two enclosures: .5 cu ft sealed, 1 cu ft ported. Too big for many of those 8s, too small for something like an 8W7. I do realize they had tons of woofers to test, and I wouldn't build that many enclosures either, but it just skews the results. Anywho, I was surprised how well the 8W3v2 did, being an older design. I'm considering that or an ID for my truck. .35 cu ft box volume is easy to accomodate :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4768
The 8W7 is just for bragging rights IMO. Most people looking at 8s are looking for either upfront subwoofers for a kickpanel or doorside, or they are squeezing them behind the seat of a regular cab truck. The thing is nearly 7" deep, needs a .875 cu ft sealed box for good all around performance, plus the room needed for the subs excursion. It just isn't practical for pretty much anyone that is limited to an 8" sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 969
".35 cu ft box volume is easy to accomodate."

hmmmm..*thinking

Need4Bass
Unregistered guest
Anyone have any experience with these, MA Audio HK80XC 8 ? I have 4 Momo's in .35 each and powering them with a Momo C.300.2. I tried running 2 Ohm Stereo and 4 Ohm mono and just when it starts to sound right the damned thing clips (shows low impedance). Is it the amp or the subs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us