Won't Power Up

Username: Ampproblems

Post Number: 1
So I have a BRANDNEW Audiobahn A8002T. I went to hook it up last night and it isn't powering up. I have the 4gauge (stinger) power cable running to my battery (to positive), I have my ground 4gauge wire (stinger) runnging to the bottom of my car, I have the two out puts running to the back of my cd player, but the thing is there is no Remote Wire on my cd player, so we cut the blue/white wire (The only single wire) which I think is my Antenna wire. Even with all this done my amp will not power up. We checked it with a voltage meter and there is volts going through the power cable... So any one know what the problem is?

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 250
yea i believe thats the antenna wire..if your cd player doesnt have a remote wire then hook up a remote wire from the amp to a fuse in the fuse box like the cigarrete lighter....your problem is that without a remote wire the amp doesnt know when to turn on

Post Number: 2
So is there a way you can explain this to me easier? Like do I need to some how get a remote wire (i have one) that can plug into my cigarette lighter? If so, where can i get one. --Also, would it help if I just got a different cd player? Would I have to get a different wire harness?

Post Number: 3
Oh wait, I got it. I need to hook up a wire going to the FUSE BOX. Now how would I go about this? I don't want to blow anything up...

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 251
what i did once was run the cable from the amp to fuse box then i took out the cigarrete lighter fuse and i wrapped the wire around the fuse and i stuck the fuse back in..the only problem with that is that you have to have the cd player on at all times or the amp will make the subs go crazy

Post Number: 4
Well I mean, I won't need it on when the car is off, will I?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 232
Amp, take your remote wire, and check your harnesses behind your HU. Splice the remote wire into either the illumination (orange) or power wire (red). Some cars don't allow for the illumination one due to circuitry overrides and such, so the power wire is a definite, as when the HU turns off, the amp def. turns off and vice versa. That should work for you, it did for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us