Honda CRV 2001 Replace Front Speaker Wire help

Username: Gooney

Post Number: 1
Hi, I'm having trouble connecting an external amp to my front speakers. I removed the door panel to install better speaker wires to my new speakers. I noticed that there was a white plastic housing, looks like a a plug with many slots, and each wire runs through a it's own slot which has all the door wires running through it, and it prevents access to the black flexible canal. How do I get the speaker wires from the door, through the white piece and black rubber canal, in to the body of the car where my amp is. Thank you in advance for your answers.

rideredder
Unregistered guest
back of the HU, maybe, i really don't know

rideredder
Unregistered guest
back of the HU, maybe, i really don't know

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 642
thats a poor response rider...he's connecting an external amp...I'm not really familiar with that housing, but the black rubber canals bend and stretch in most cars...i would use a snake and work the wire around it while stretching the rubber in the direction that you need to....at worst, cut a small slit in the rubber and run the wire along the outside of therubber to by pass it just like they do in heart surgery.

Username: Gooney

Post Number: 2
The problem I have is that just before the entry to the black rubber canal, in the interior of the door, there is a white block, that allows acts as a bridge and all the individual wires from the door to go through it in order to go in to the black canal. It is a white hard plastic piece and has tiny holes for the different door wires.

I was thinking that I could drill a hole through the door to allow the speaker cable to get to the outside of the door and then cut a hole in the black canal and insert the wire there, then use some tape to seal up the rubber canal again. However, I am trying to not put any unnecessary holes in the car if possible.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us