Is A front end without subs bad?

Bronze Member
Username: Goingnowhere09

Post Number: 13
So i'm buying my deck and two sets of speakers today...but im not getting my two 10's or my amp untill next month...is that bad, will i be disapointed in my sound quality(im on stock right now) and my deck has a built in speaker amp...i think...lol Im getting the Alpine Cda-9855...and im also lookinga t one of those ipod converters...good buy or not...thanks always...
~Michael

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 551
Good deck, you shouldn't be depressed with the sound quality, depending on the speakers you bought. Yes the deck has an onboard amplifier but you could always get a 4 channel amp for the speakers if you want more out of them. Ipod converters are good also, much better than the so called FM modulators.

Bronze Member
Username: Biteworms

Clearwater, Florida United States

Post Number: 18
I find that Ipod hook-ups are way overpriced. I'm pretty sure your HU supports Mp3CDs. I'd burn a bunch of mp3s that way instead of wasting money on the connector. I have my 6000+ mp3 library (26 or so GBs) burned onto around 40 discs (alphabetically by artist-just dragged and dropped my existing directories). Its up to you though. On one hand it's a little less convienent, on the other, you save some $$$.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1645
You save even more money by just getting an aux-in RCA cable, the only loss being that it doesn't control or charge your iPod, but does play it.

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 559
well wormbites, what if you add an album to your collection? thats 40 discs down the drain. Also, with a library of 40 discs, more often than not, the song you want to hear isn't on the disc you have in.

The other thing I don't like about using the aux. input is that the signal is already passing through the headphone amplifier before it gets to the head unit. iPods don't have the greatest sound quality to begin with, but using the adapter gets the most out of it.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1646
Yeah true, I usually have to turn on the bass reducer EQ setting on my iPod to get it to sound right. They should make the EQ adjustable by bands rather than presets...

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 562
plenty of other mp3 players do, thats why I dislike iPods. For a lot of reasons, they shouldn't be the choice for audiophiles, but thats what the adapters are for unfortunately. The little Samsung player I have has a bunch of presets and even a fully adjustable 5 band parametric eq.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1649
To me, their huge success is/was advertising...

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 563
very true, but the iPod is great for average user. Very easy to use, no complicated things like equilizers to confuse people and it does slide right into your pocket :-) Apple just found a way to make it cool.

Bronze Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 53
You should notice a difference in sound quality for sure compared to the stock setup. Once upgraded with an amp, the results will again increase noticably.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us