Glass, about your Dyns

Anonymous

I'm wondering how low the 8" midbass of the 360 set will go, at realistic volume levels. I'm trying to figure out what I can go with to get a good bit of bass up front. 50hz or so? Or even lower?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10334
Mine roll off to the subs at 50Hz, yes.
subs are at 50, 8s are around 60 or 70.. (not sure exactly.. it's an analog adjustment on this crossover unit, so it's dialed in based on RTA response. it's not clearly marked on the XO.. old Orion stuff)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4761
Yep, 50 is about right if you want clean sound out of them. Probably the deepest midbass drivers I've heard were the Morel Elate 9s. I've seen them handle 20hz, no joke, but they'll do down to around 40-45 w/o a problem. Lot of attack on those drivers if you've got enough power for them. Dyns are great, too, they're on the dry, mellow side, more musical and deep than forceful and attacking. Just something to keep in mind, not sure what you're looking for.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10348
yeah keep in mind I'm driving my front stage with 250w x 2 RMS. That's actually a bit more than rated, but it gives the speakers plenty of dynamics and head room to play with.. Dyns like to be fed well.

Anonymous

Thanx!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us