Noob looking for knowledge

Username: Buddah974

Bremerton, Washington

Post Number: 1
Let me start by saying, I know just enough about car audio to get by with a simple install. But that is not enough for me anymore. For the most of 3 years I have been running stock in my 94 Grand Am. Except for the 12" Infinity Refs. It was nice for awhile till you could hear the age coming through. So a month and a half ago I gutted the whole system and went Kenwood Excelon. KDC-X789 head, KFC-X1300P fronts,KFC-X6900 rears,4CH KAC-X541. I even went nuts and got 2(Yes two)KAC-X811D mono blocks. But no subs. I thought about the KFC-XW1300DVC, but it's too spendy. Might as well get JL's "W"hatever. Then I looked at the KFC-XW1202DVC, and I just don't think so. But last week I got an itch and bought(I am almost ashamed to say) 2 Audiobahn AW1200N. I know. I have read the thread. I got a friend who's birthdays coming. Anyway, here's what I want to know. What are the best sub's for the 2 mono blocks? I was thinking about Diamond for clearity. I am not a MTX fan. They left a bad taste in my mouth the last time. JL's are WAY to common around here for 1 reason. The preppy highschool kids have mommy and daddy buy them. So I am sure I will stay away from them. No disrespect to you that paid for yours out of your own pocket. But very few people here run Diamond. So when I pop my trunk, they think Kenwood, but they find....

This is why I came here. It seems you all can help me on this one. I dont enter comps, but I do like to roll with some class. Thanks guys.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10337
what are those amps, 800 watts rms @ 2 ohms each?

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 797
Yea, what's the RMS for the amps? And I don't know how popular Eclipse is, but I'm the only one around here with Ti's, and people think they're the coolest thing to hit the earth...

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 226
I love your choice of HU by the way, I have the KDC-X589! Might I recommend these.

http://reaudio.com/html/se_sub.htm
http://reaudio.com/html/se_ts.htm

The top link shows you a desc. of the sub, and the bottom shows the specs of the sub. They're RE, and I don't know about their popularity, but you won't find them anywhere else except the company!

Username: Buddah974

Bremerton, Washington

Post Number: 2
Thanks! Yes the amps are 2ohm stable at 800w RMS, and will peak at 1600w. These aren't on my list because I just did't think of it. DOH!
Keep the ideas comin.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 807
Shweet. Drop some Eclipse Ti's in there. Or some RE XXX's or MT's. Eclipse would be less, but not as rare as the RE. The MT's get loud, and the XXX's I believe are for SQ. The Ti's do both :P. It's all about $ man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us