Need Help With Wiring!

Unregistered guest
Ok so im really new to the whole car audio scene but ive researched some stuff over the last few months and am attempting to do my own install my only issue has been the wiring of the subs to the amp.

I have 2 DVC 4 ohm RE-10's (175 rms)
and im using the
power acoustic OV-1200 amp
(2 channel 4 ohm x 2 = 250 2 ohm x 2 = 300

Anyways i was wanting a final load of four ohms and was planning on using this wiring setup
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/graphics/infolib/carlib/subs/2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.gif
I can wire up the subs like this, however then i run into a problem, the box i have has one of those terminal cups in the back of it to make the connection from the wires inside the box to the wires outside that run to the amp. So once i have the subs wired like is shown in the diagram i should have one wire that goes to the positive and one to the negative terminal on the inside of the box correct? But how do i do the wiring from the amp to the terminal cup. Is the diagram for a two channel setup or is it bridged i dont know how to tell. If its bridged i know how to do the wiring from the amp to the terminal cup however if its set up for two channel im completely lost as to how to go from the two channels on the amp to a single positive and a single negative terminal on the cup. Would i just run the positives from both channels to the positive and both negatives to the negative?

Silver Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 189
its really simple.once the subs are wired to the termanels in side the box both sides.take 2 wires frome each termanel one + one one- one each side then take the two +and put them together and hook them to the bridged +one the amp now take the two - wires put them together and hook them to the - side oh the amp

=

evolution
Unregistered guest
ok thanks that halped alot!

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 216
well i just got a sub and a amp and the amp is a mono amp. well my amp has 4 ?terminals? (if thats what you call them) because it is suposed to have 2 speakers running to it. my Q is how do i wire 1 sub to my amp? do i wire it like i would if i were bridging a 2-ch amp?

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 218
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us