Subs with a $300 budget

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 189
What should i get to go in the back of an accord. One or two. Open to any ideas.. i have a 800 wrms amp. what should i do.. i want loud and clean.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 788
I'd go with two 10" Eclipse Ti's in a sealed box. Depends on your pocket book :D. The Al's sound good too. If you want more on the SPL side, go with 3-4cu/ft box tuned to 32Hz.

Silver Member

Post Number: 789
Oh, $300? Shiz... can't really help with that small of a budget. Sorry, didn't see the $300...

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 190
haha i don't want 10's either, i don't like them. i like 12's. Its not that small, i got an amp (mtx thunder 801d) box and alpine r for $300 once, you just gotta search haha. Okay, just give me some higher end brands. I've been told to get 2 R's in a ported box and it will rattle my car, so i'll probably do that if i don't find something else. I kinda am looking at RE, but i don't know anything about them

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 281
you should also look at:
(although after doing so, you may NEVER be able to choose)

Adire
Image Dynamics
Ascendent Audio
Sound Splinter
Digital Designs
Treo
Crystal Comp

there are many more higher end (as well as highly recommended) subs out there... those were just the ones that seemed most attractive to me.

Bronze Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 69
You can get some Alpine Type X's 1000rms on ebay for around $200 or 2 Alpine Type R's 1000rms(500 per sub). They would hit hard and sound clean doing it.

Also what kind of amp is it

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 191
mtx thunder 801d

Silver Member

Post Number: 793
Alpine Type-R's would be my choice :/

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 114
I would go with one higher end sub. The Eclipse TI, IDmax, Avalanche, should hit hard and sound nice with 800 rms.

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 192
i would do that, but i just had a custom box made for an older type r. I'm probably going to get 2 r's and throw them in that new vented box. I had the old one in a vented box in my old car and it sounded good, so hopefully 2 will sound even better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us