Subwoffer feedback

Username: Tony85

Post Number: 1
ive just bought a new system and installed it. having a few problems though.

randomly when im playing a song the sub just gets really loud and makes noises that arnt even in time with the music. strange huh?

also, sometimes when i press pause halfway though a song my subs will keep making noises, sometimes it lasts for 3 seconds sometimes 10.

i have 2 Kicker 05C12-4 Comp 12" Component Subwoofers in box and a 400wat d-block coustic amplifier. Guy at the shop sed the amp will run the subs nicely. and it does, i think its just my crappy wiring.

Any ideas on what i can try to fix it?

Bronze Member
Username: Deezel

Post Number: 52
Not the most knowledeable person on this board...

But, I'm thinking maybe its your interconnect cables...

Perhaps the are lose somewhere; check behind the headunit as well as at the amplifier.

Also what kind of interconnects are they? If you bought cheap interconnects, they could be poorly protected from road noise...

Or perhaps, also your interconnects are of good quality, you just got a lemon set.

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 187
Did you install yourself? Because if you did, check if your RCAs and power are next to eachother, you might be getting engine whine. Or you might have a bad ground and getting a ground loop. Or, it could be if your cell phone is near it, if they aren't shielded, they will make weird noises, orrrrrr it could be that your gain is too high.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 790
Make sure you have some good shielded RCA's. Run the power wires (and remote wire) on one side of the car, and RCAs on the other side. Keep them as far apart as you can. Check all your grounds, make CERTAIN they're touching metal. If that doesn't solve it, I'd just live with it if I were you. :P

Username: Tony85

Post Number: 2
aha ok thanks everyone, ill try that jake for sure

uh yeh i did install it myself, i dont think its engine whine it but it could be my gain to ill give that a try

thanks again :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us