Idmax vs jbl (no joke)

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 289
So my friend just got two jbl 15" in his cutty(low end) and he claims they will out bump any 12". He is only putting like 450 watts into it as well. So my question is, will an idmax 12" out pound that sh!t set up?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4757
One ID Max? Doubtful, it's at a huge surface area disadvantage. If you got two, ported them, compared to two sealed 15s, and you applied generous power, you could take him and sound better doing it. Depends on the vehicles too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 290
D@amn. So if i got two then i could only put about 350-400rms into each in a sealed box. Other wise im goin with one with 700-800 watts in a ported box to 32hz 2cu.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 785
If you want to out "bump" him, run ported. More SPL :D.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 633
if your looking to outbump somebody...probably not a good idea to get the best SQ woofer on the market lol look into RE...its always good to go with reputable subwoofer companies that most people never heard of because you'll surprise the hell out of your friend when you show him what your SX, XXX, or MT can do...and then tell him you paid less for your setup than he did with 2 15s while out bumping him

Silver Member

Post Number: 634
i'd recommend 1 15" SX and 1 RE 12.1 amplifier...good match and cost around $600 total

Silver Member

Post Number: 291
naw...i want my sq. Plus, my friend is gettin that same set-up. I just wanna be able to bump someone out every once in a awhile.

Silver Member

Post Number: 636
id max is your best shot then...maybe XXX when they come out is a thought...can't go wrong with an extra 7 mm xmax over the id max and superb linearity along with a price thats similar.

Silver Member

Post Number: 292
ya i guess ill c how long i can wait. Cuz im savin right now for dynamat, box en subs....so u never know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us