Decent bass without a sub?

Nicolai
Unregistered guest
I'm thinking of replacing the stock speakers in my '98 Honda Civic sedan with the Infinity 63.7i and 693.7i. I'm also upgrading the head unit. I'd like to avoid getting a subwoofer. Will I have adequate bass without one? How will the bass compare to the stock speakers? (The stock speakers have almost enough bass, so I don't think I need tons of it.)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1160
it all depends on what you consider "adequate" bass.

if someone with a subwoofer in their car got into your car and you cranked it up, one of two things would happen.

they would ask "where's the bass?"

or they would cringe to the sound of your distorting midbass drivers.

when i had just my door speakers, i thought my system was "poundin", but after i got a sub, i realized that those door speakers just arent built for that kind of low bass that a sub can handle all day.

however, if you want really loud door speakers, then you should get an amp to power them:-) a subwoofer is designed to play the lower frequencies without distortion, and that is why if you want loud deep bass, you should get a sub.

but, if you do not play the speakers into distortion, and are satisfied with the amount of bass your new speakers are putting out, then you don't need a sub, b/c in the end it is all about what you think sounds good and that is all that matters.:-O

questions
Unregistered guest
i got a 4 door 05 civic.

I got subs and i went and got Infintiy 600I its a system on a buget. any advice.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1163
i have some excellent advice, if you start your own thread, you will get more responses.:-)

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/board-post.pl?HTTP_REFERER=/4/48.html&act ion=form

questions
Unregistered guest
^ are you seriouse :S?

questions
Unregistered guest
i have a thread about 6.5" speakers from time.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10323
swapping the head unit and speakers with no amplifiers for the door speakers and no subwoofer with an amp.. you won't notice much difference at all to be honest.
you'll still lack any real power, and you don't get bass without having a woofer.

Bronze Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 44
Amping your speakers will certainly allow your midranges to play louder which might seem like "bass" but like Muddy said, if you want real bass a sub is the only option.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
What do do with my 2 infintiy's 6.5 put them in door pannel or put them in the rear?? Also i dont have an amp for them will base be decent?

Bronze Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 47
1.)start your own thread!

2.)Take the Preview/Post message button into consideration!

Its a lot easier to answer your questions if you have your own thread and if you write your question coherently.

Bronze Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 74
In my opinion what you can do is mod your rear deck to house 4 6x9s and power it by a 4 channel and that would sound good without subs. Your trunk will act like a huge speaker box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us