Coaxle

Username: Jasondavis

Lake Helen, FL United States

Post Number: 1
Im VERY new to car audio you could say so any help would be great, I made a little diagram of my system so far and then I am stuck, I have a 700watt 4 channel kicker sx700.4 amp I would like to put to use for new speakers,I have a big yukon so I have a lot of space to fill with sound, I need advice on some good speakers for the 4 doors, I would like to keep it kicker probably, I have ran new speaker wires through all the doors to my new amp, they just arent hooked to any speakers yet.
Should I use crossovers, or is it not neccesary? If I do use crossovers that come with a lot of component speaker sets, do I just hook thge wire i ran (ie= right front speaker wire, to the crossover, then the crossover goes to the speaker?) I have heard of people using coax speakers in the back, i'm not sure what the difference is from component speakers. Run 2 component sets or 1 set and then coax speakers in the rear? As you can see I am somewhat lost on this part.
Heres is the little diagram I made

thanks for any help
Also ran new speaker wires so I can bypass my bose system
Upload

Post Number: 2
Sorry I put the wrong title

Post Number: 3
Oh 1 last thing about the crossovers, the kicker sx700.4 amp has digital crossovers built in so would that eliminate the need for other crossovers?

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 786
No, you shouldn't need an external crossover, the ones in the amps should be fine. Save yourself some money, and just run speakers in the front. And you probably won't need an amp to run them either. Just get some good door speakers in the front, and you'll be fine.

Post Number: 4
so let's say I don't use crossovers, how would I wire my tweetersa up, keep in mind I just have those 4 wires running at the moment

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 792
Get a wiring harness and wire the front speakers directly to the HU.

Post Number: 5
I am bypassing the Bose system so I need to run it off my amp

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 240
Bypassing Bose system...Hrmmm I think GlassWolf would probably recommend a JL Audio CleanSweep...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us