Some one PLEASE read/help me!!

Bronze Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 11
I've treid posting this before no one helps. THANKS!!
I run 2 Type R 12" 2 Ohm Subs in a bassworx ported box. I am running the NEW series of Sony 1400 watt class D amp and I hit 139.6 Db. What would an average DB/SPL be for these subs? I will be getting a 800 per channel (rms,2 channels) 4000 watt max Dark Blue amp. What would be a sub that has good listening sound for normal music but a good power handle for SPL? and I guess I want SQ and SPL. I want somthing that can hit extremly hard and loud for competing, but offer good sound for when I wont be competing. Willing to spend $400-800 per sub.

thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 896
do you have a lot of space to run your subs? You could always go with an 18" Re SX

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10304
if you hit just shy of 140 with a pair of type R subs in a box not made strictly for SPL, that's very good.

Bronze Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 12
Would Type X's be any good?..I've never heard them Im just kinda a fan of Apline Subs....I want somthing that can compare to the R's but handle alot more power! With my current situation how would I increase SPL while still having great sound?

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 136
I've heard the types X's and they sound really good. since your a fan of alpine you should go w/ them but if you want to go w/ another company you can't go wrong w/ JL audio 2 12w6v2's would be awesome. they will get louder than the type x's at least all of the w6v2 setups i've heard were louder and they have execellent SQ.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us