Glasswolf can you please help!!!

krucial
Unregistered guest
sorry to call u out like that but u seem to kno alot everyone talks like u kno the most...
so my question is .. i had 2 12 jl audio w3s and a jl audio 500 watt amp and i had the gain on like 7/8 turned up so it was allmost all the way .. i didnt kno that was bad till a couple weeks ago .. well i had that like for like 10 months my subs recently blew.. so i bought a 13 w7 is my amp still good to play or did i mess up the amp by having the gain to high.. i kno the subs are no good but i still want to use the amp is it going to mess up my new speaker?? thank you

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3685
Have your amp checked out before you push the W7 with it. I'm sure you just clipped the W3's to death, but you could have damaged the amp too.

Next time set the gains correctly, :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10291
the amp is probably fine, although for a 13W7 you may want to move up to the 1000/1 to properly drive that beast.

mainly the damage from an amplifier clipping is to the speakers themsevles.. they get DC voltage, which prevents the voice coils from properly venting or cooling, so they essentially melt.
you already found that out though.
the amp should be fine.

krucial
Unregistered guest
yea im going to get the 1000 watt amp but i need to get the money its hella expensive . so i wanted to use the 500 watt for now. should i use it for now? i dont want to mess up the w7

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10324
it'l do the job for now

Username: Urban_myth

Atlanta, Ga USA

Post Number: 5
I have a friend with a infinity 1210a ($350) on his JL 13W7 puttin out about 1100 watts at 3 ohms and its the loudest thing I've ever heard. His friend also has a 13W7 with a JL 1000.1 amp ($600+). They both sound the same, however they both have the same incorrect box, so they should be a lot louder. Dont know if the amps will push differently in a differnt box environment. Just something to think about
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us