Choices Choices

Username: Asotaddict

MumbaiIndia

Post Number: 1
OK GOOD PEOPLE on ecoustics.. time for help.!! lol

i was thinking of goin with 2 kicker l5 10inch... but bad sq ratings put me in the backseat for those... how do they play??..planing a new system for my gf and she is sort of a SQ freak... not the BOOM bass if u know what i mean.. ive made a few choices.. just need your advice as in what would be your setup...

Subs
1) 2 Kicker CompVR CVR124
2) 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 3 P312D4
3) 2 MTX Audio Thunder7500 T7512-04

do all 3 make a similar sounding setup? advice needed .. and now amps to power these babies..? suggestions... try stickin to kicker n rockfords' amps...unless u have one which kicks both these..

also im puttin a pair of
Rockford Fosgate T162S 6.5" Component (front n rear) and lookin to power it with ROCKFORD FOSGATE P4004 ... good enough? for clean clear sound.. or infinity perfect 6.1 is what i should be lookin for.. lol i like the RF's just coz they look a 1000 times better then the infinity's..

also would i need a cap for this setup?

thanx guys..

ps / two 12inch compvr or two 10inch l5 lol (this is for me hehe) ???

MumbaiIndia

Post Number: 2
HELP PLZ :-)

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2871
Well, for you're GF, I'd go with the Rockfords as my first choice, then the CVR's, and last would be the MTX.
I'm using the P4004 to power my Infinity Kappa components and speakers, and it works fine...
The Rockford T10001BD is a really nice amp.
Now, as far as you're system, I'd prob go with the L5's... just for the boom. The CVR's will sound nice though, but I'm more in to spl.
Hope I helped some what.:-)

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2872
You could put a cap on, but you won't get much use out of it.
Caps are just a quick/cheap fix for an HO alternator. If you want to do it right, it would be better to buy an HO alt, then you can add a cap or 2 with no real problems.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 897
just get her one 12" Kicker Comp Vr in a ported box tuned to 30 hz. That would sound great.

MumbaiIndia

Post Number: 3
ok FINALLY subs done.. tellme what u guys think

2 Kicker CompVR CVR124 (do 2ohm ones sound better)? and now for the amp to power these

Rockford Fosgate Power T10001bd ? will it handle 2 of them... ?? or should i put 2ohm models subs instead? i loved the reviews on this amp.. seems itll handle anything u throw at it....
also lookin at these amps
1) Punch P8002
2) KICKER KX850.2

if u have ne amp in mind that will power 2 compvr subs pls mention the model.. i will look into it..

MONO BETTER?

as for components
rockfords or infinity's? models to watch ? fronts n rear? same or 6x9's?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us