Calling All Troubleshooting Experts! My system doesn't urn on!

HeLpAsIsTaOuT!
Unregistered guest
Ok i have 2 12' L5 1500watt class D hifonics. My system was playing fine on my way to work and i never had any problems with it since i had it professionally installed. When i get into my car after work ready to hear some sounds..............NOTHING!!!! I checked my fuse from the power wire that runs to the BATT......FINE... I check the 2 amp fuses, actually a installer checked the amp fuses.............FINE..... ground is fine.....the radio itself works but my amp wont turn on!!! Plus i have it hooked up to a CAP..if the CAP is faulty will that cause the amp not to turn on???? HELP ME PLEASE I MISS MY BASS!!

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 187
well i dun know about the cap butcheck the remote wire.... Check if u blew the remote wire or something.. or check this.. this happened to my friend once.. everything seemed PERFect but the ground wasnt good.. i dunt knwo if u are using terminals to connect the ground or not but make shure that its touching pretty nice... if ur deck turns on which i am expecting it does, then check your remote wire... BUT since the installer did it for yah then just take it to him:S tell him to run another amp to check if amp is working or not...

HeLpAsIsTaOuT!
Unregistered guest
ok the ground seems perfect the guy sanded it down and drilled a hole and also put like 5 screws around it. how can you tell if the remote wire is messed up? another question...since my hot wire runs directly to the CAP and then he took another hot wire and ran it from the + on the CAP straight to the BATT..now that wouldnt cause it to go out if the Cap stop working?

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
take the remote wire and just tap it a little to power cable... it you see sparks then it means that the remote is fine... this is to check is there is ne current in the wire or not... .. the CAP?I am not too familiar with CAP stuff but what i Suggest is that Run you power cable directly frmo battery to amp wiht an inline fuse in it... this is just to check is CAP is problem or not... IF it runs then.. cap is the problem if not then its somethign else.. check these two first....

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
you have dmm? if u do then let me knwo may be we can run some tests with that

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10269
check voltages at the amp using a DMM.
check the remote trigger voltage too.

Username: Zellus188

Lakewood, Washington Usa

Post Number: 1
yes even if your power cap was faulty then your power wire would work as long as your in line fuse was good witch you said it was other wise you have a bad amp or your remote wire could have came off the back of the deck. "ground, fuses, remote wire, first places i would check hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us