Thoughs on Helix/Dark Blue

Username: Mixmastaspig

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 1
Im inquiring about Helix/Brax and their Dark Blue line. Since they are out of Germany and I might Purchase from them I just wanted to make sure the specs are all good, as I've never really heard of them before.

http://www.audissy.com/db_amps.html

the 1000.2 amp is what im looking at and it retails for $1,800. Im not a big car audio person but im starting so TONS of input would be nice!!!!

thanks for the time!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10241
fantastic amplifiers if you can afford them.. most people aren't willing to spend that sort of money. If you are, that's a true audiophile grade company and component.

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 2
Ok, what exactly does true audiophile Mean? I've read it and not really known what it means.

Thanks!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10266
reference level quality. high grade, close tolerance components throughout. solid build quality with attention to detail. great reliability, solid power output, and very clean dynamic, transparent response.

Bronze Member
Username: Biteworms

Clearwater, Florida United States

Post Number: 14
Audio = music (duh, lol)
phile = lover of

Hrmm... I'd never heard of these... but I'm quite intrigued (about to make an amp purchase myself).

Where do you plan to purchase these from? I'd really like to look into them.

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 4
Im have an offer to be a demo car for them, but the guy I talk to is from Calgary the closest dealer to me is Maple Ridge...5 hours away or so.
www.audissy.com is the MAIN site
(its new and kinda rough) but they have a huge line that they deal with...and if youd be interested in actually buying anything from them I can link you up with the man personally you can have my e-mail if you would like. everything is from Germany so it ships to him then he distributes them.

Bronze Member
Username: Biteworms

Clearwater, Florida United States

Post Number: 15
Well, I'm all the way down here in Florida :-) but I'm still interested. If it comes down to it I'll pay you to ship them to me. I'm still looking at a couple of other options, though. Shoot an email to biteworms at yahoo.com so we can keep in contact.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 154
I'm confused about these... Shouldnt a 1000 watt RMS amp have more than a 50 amp fuse...?

Bronze Member

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 14
Well in the 1000.2 the fuse is external and the 1000.1 2x25 so I dont really know, TOP end fuses I guess...haha

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 157
Hmm... I'd hope a "TOP end" fuse, would blow just as easily as a "LOW end" fuse? Heh...never even put consideration into what brand of fuse I've ever used.. :-P 50 amps should blow after a few seconds of anything above that...or even faster if it's a huge spike.. heh.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us