Bose that came with my new car or should i put the alpine back in???

seedybrick
Unregistered guest
hey all -
just got a 2002 infinity g20 that came with the bose system and disc changer

question is - how good IS this bose? my dad has one in his maxima and it never impressed me.

am i better off putting my alpine head and infinity kappas in there instead??

also....there's no way in heck i can hook this disc changer up to my alpine head is there????

thanks much!
ken

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10237
personally I think Bose is total crap.
some people love it.
if you like it, keep it.
if you replace it with the alpine deck, you'll need to replace the speakers as well, and want to consider an amplifier for clean sound at good volume.
a sub wouldn't hurt either if ya want any low end extension.

seedybrick
Unregistered guest
yeah i have some infinity kappas that would fit i believe

no amp yet and prolly will never get the sub

seedybrick
Unregistered guest
is it possible to hook up this disc changer to the alpine?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10249
nah, but alpine does make a changer that I believe that unit controls, and you should be able to fit it into the saem location.. alpine's changers are compact.

seedybrick
Unregistered guest
damn i figured as much
yeah i know i can get an alpine changer
just seems like such a waste that i just got a changer that i prolly won't even use!

hmmm......i was hoping there would be some kind of adapter to make them compatible

no such product eh?

thanks much for the info!

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10252
how many discs is the changer?
there are some that offer aftermarket adapters to certain head units, but you have to hunt for the right one and hope somebody made one for your application.
I'd sel the OEM changer on ebay and buy an alpine myself.. just to get the better changer. :-)
that's me though. I'm picky.

seedybrick
Unregistered guest
it's a 6 disc changer

yeah i've been searching for like 2 hours now!

i see a lot of adapters that let you hook a pioneer/alpine etc. changer to a factory head

but really nothing that addresses hooking a stock changer to an alpine/pioneer etc. head

you raise a good point though about ebay.
my only concern is that in the past i've always saved my stock stuff so that when i sell the car i usually put all that back in and keep my head unit for the next car

now that you've got me thinking though this bose head unit has a single disc player already....so i would assume i can disconnect the changer and everything would still work fine

nice - you da man! ;)

i hate it when companies do this crap making products compatible only with the same brand

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us