2 JL 13w7 or 4 alpine type r

Username: Oak510

Post Number: 1
i want something you can hear from blocks away, wich is better 2 JL 13"w7 or 4 12"alpine type x?

thanks,

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 75
well with 1 w7 13 you will be heard.....2 is just sick man.....4 alpines will be sick to tho.....and prolly cheaper then the W7 will be....i know a local guy that can't cut me a deal on the 13 cuz JL won't let him carry em in store.....he has to order them....and he sells em for around 800ish!! i think MSRP is 1000 or so! if i was you i wouldn't go for quanity but more for quality....look into reaudio's XXX i am sure 2 of those will be good for you....as 2 13 W7's will be a little to much! and will sound pretty damn good in the process from what i hear around this board!!

hondarider
Unregistered guest
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12151

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 78
yeah only problem is JL won't honor the warrenties. other wise i would have bought a 13 over the 12 anyday of the week!! i still might if he goes thru with a deal and has to order one.....just tell him to order an extra for test purposes and have him sell it to me with a trade in.....i can dream can't I!!!! that sh!^ will get loud and still be clear....but for the money i still recommend RE!!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4289
If you want to be heard, loud, then RE MT will do.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3681
I can never understand why when people wanna be really loud, they skimp and get a million mid-grade subs.

When it comes to sound quality, usually, less is better. Just go with 2 W7's, so much easier and will probably sound better.

If you want to be that loud, then get serious and buy a couple MT's or DD's.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 635
also so much more expensive...with 2 w7's + an amp or two...easily 2 g's...not that easy for many people...not to mention alternator and yellow top that are necessary...can't run 2000 watts rms without an electrical upgrade.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us