6.5s in the abck better than 6x9s?

Username: Phergus

Atl, Ga

Post Number: 4
I am overwelmed with all the options, I would like Infinity speakers, and I have heard a few times that 6.5s, becuase they are round, will give better sound than 6x9s, because they are oval. So how much of a sound diffrence will it be? I want to still have some Bass, tho I'm not like most 17 year olds and want all bass and a shitty sound. So would it be better to get 6.5 Infinity Kapas in the front and back or get 6x9s in the back. thanks
-greg

Bronze Member
Username: Blakktalon

Post Number: 13
Kappa Perfect 6*9's, are what i would recommend. Larger surface area, equals more sound. Infinity definitly has the sound quality, and durability.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1140
round speakers do have better musicality than oval ones, take for instance the kicker solo-x. it is square and gets very loud but it sounds like garbage, same concept applies to 6.5's vs. 6x9's.:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 20
I have Polk Audio db690's and they sound pretty good. However I have also heard polks component set and i think it sounds better. If you want better imaging you could run two sets of components, that way the tweeters in the rear will be firing at the passengers in the back seat. However the only down fall to this is that they are more difficult to mount in a convient location in the back as opposed to the front.

6x9s wont sound horrible, but if you want that extra edge, def go with a good set of components all around, even a co-ax pair in the rear would be a good compromise.

Atl, Ga

Post Number: 5
I'm actually lookin at getting two sets CDT Audio CL-61A I hear good things

grease
Unregistered guest
If you want sound quality, then stick with 6.5 in the rear, or nothing for a front stage effect. I have heard that 6x9's are sort of like a cheap-ish solution for a sub.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10248
my thoughts on rear fill speakers
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/rearfill.html

Atl, Ga

Post Number: 10
thanks the articl ehelped alot. I bought some CDT EF-61's for the front and I'm going to maby get some midbass skeapers for the back eventually.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10378
I had rear midranges in my old car.. all they did was midrange.. no tweeters etc.. worked well. never really heard them up front, but they added a bit for people in back.

Bronze Member

Atl, Ga

Post Number: 11
yea thats my plan, give them alittle sound so they dont get too mad, but they will be cheap and I'll probibly run them on mono.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
2 infinity speakers now should i reaplce my rear or front speakers and then set the fade on to send more volume to the infinty speakesr so i can go all the way to 40 with out stock speakers going all crazy?

Bronze Member

Atl, Ga

Post Number: 12
get good speakers in the front, send more power to them, and your set. I'm runnin stock back speakers for now.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
well would 50 watts be enough to them? and ill fade a bit to them aswell just so there louder but i duno if i want 2 lower sound at da back wif da sub kicking and not getting enough sound compred to base but again i dont want it to be too quite in the front either.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1266
fading the speakers doesn't give or take away power, it just fades the signal to the speaker.

Bronze Member

Atl, Ga

Post Number: 13
Please learn English

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1268
"fading the speakers doesn't give or take away power, it just fades the signal to the speaker."

actually it does in a sense take away power, but if you fade the sound from playing out of all of your speakers, to just playing in the front, it is not going to take the power given to the back speakers and deliver it to the ones in the front.:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us