Pioneer DEH P80 help....

grease
Unregistered guest
Does the unit need to be earth seperately and not through the loom?

Great sounding head unit by the way, andwith MP3 capability, a lot crisper sounding than my previous becker unit

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1600
You can ground it through the loom but I wouldn't recommend that...grounding it seperately to the frame of the car (or equivalent ground) is sufficient.

grease
Unregistered guest
What can happen if i do? And i got a problem with it now, either im doing somethign wrong when putting the faceplate in, or it has display problems...once i put it in, it refused to work
i finally managed to get the faceplate out, but today it did a similar thing it would play, but none of the buttons would work. Now it works fine, but sometimes the background on the display goes blue....does the pioneer p80 have display problems? I was worried about this...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1610
If you do ground it through the loom it usually isn't a big deal. Noise through the speakers is induced by wiring it that way...

Yeah...it very likely could be a bad ribbon cable going from the face to the headunit...also, you might try cleaning the contacts where the faceplate sends electronic signals to the main unit.

grease
Unregistered guest
I have tried cleaning the contacts, its working, but the display background goes blue, then off again. I bought it used, but it is in excellent condition, i got the obox, all wiring etc...

Richard48
Unregistered guest
I have the same headunit. It gets used every day and became faulty after about 2 months use. It was similar to your problem in that the buttons sometimes worked, sometimes didn't, faceplace wouldn't come off, then would. In the end my faceplate wouldn't come off at all. I sent it back and they fixed it under warranty. It was the ribbon strip that connects the faceplate to the unit that had broken. The one that comes fitted with the unit is brittle and needs replacing. My unit now works fine. Hope this helps.

grease
Unregistered guest
Thanks man, I had a Kenwood HU with the motorised faceplate which did the same thing, when this Pioneer starting doing this, i sold it on ebay, for a good price. Im still looking for another headunit, but will look into it more!

Anonymous

I have the same cd player in my car.. it worked fine until i put my subs in my car in july. ever since then my display goes blue normal and rotates, just like you said. I tried emailing Pioneer a few times.. no reply of course.. If you get this resolved please post back.. it bugs me..lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us