Yo rovin!

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos13

USA

Post Number: 17
i hear you have experince with pioneers what model do you have?

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 531
Didn't know i was popular - lol

I personally own a pair of 12" TS-W306DVC ,co$ts only $55 each . Good/loud for the $ but obviously there are better . Must be in a ported box cause i tried sealed & it sounds kinda dead like its being held back .

I'm thinking whenever i do intend to upgrade i'll go IDQ or IDMAX judged on what the guys on this forum rec.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 20
Yeah i was asking in the subwoofer forum about a ported box for them but i dindt know what it was tuned to so i was asking. Those are the exact same models my dad has he already has a audiobahn 8002t so that will be close to the recomended rms what amp were you running to them?
Are you happy with them do they hit hard at least. Too late to get better ones They looked good for 50-55each But my dad dindt want something expensive since we live in a bad area even though it has an alarm they could still steal it when he parks in front of a store cause you know people dont really pay attention to alarms in parking lots.He said that he would probably put a kill swithch on it. Could you feel the bass cause im gonna be driving my dads car more since his is gonna hit louder than my crap. Oh Also do they sound plasticky when they hit cause i noticed the front part is like plastic or something.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 537
The rec voulme for each sub is 1.65 cu.ft & a 3" x 6" pipe is also rec . I used the tuning calculator on www.the12volt.com & it works out that the tuning = 37.54HZ .
U can however tune your box according to personal taste & go up to like 45hz . Check preciseness of pipe diameters when u buy though as they are sometimes 3.25 or 3 1/8 but still can be calculated using those fractions .

Like i said to another person on this forum - when it hits i feel the cartilage in my nose vibrating ! . Some1 also told me it plays even louder if u put it in a slot-ported enclosure - so i may experiment with that 1 day too.

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_73.html - this amp u got ?
Amplifier Specifications:

* Number of Channels 2
* RMS Power (4 ohms) 200 watts x 2 chan.
* RMS Power (2 ohms) 400 watts x 2 chan.
* RMS Power (1 ohm) Not Stable
* Bridged RMS Power 800 watts x 1 chan.
* Peak Power Output 1600 watts approx.
* Min. Impedance Unbridged 2 ohms
* Min. Impedance Bridged 4 ohms

Audiobahn is said by the guys to be underrated but if thats what u got then use 1 sub/channel .

I'm borrowing/using my bro's Power Acoustik A2100D amp (said to do 2000wrms @ c1ohm ,maybe more like 1500) , temporarily untill i get my own amp http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iSLkSTOihNg/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&id=essential _info&i=049RAA1000#Tab
$299 .

"do they sound plasticky" - when played at very low power - yep kinda but its expected that high wrms subs do play like that cause they are built a bit stiff to take that kinda power but @ 'normal' or loud volume they pound good enough .

Like i said - for the price ,its good & u can't make a fuss . Would rec it to some1 who has a really,really low budget .

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 27
yeah thats my amp.Is that the reccomended volume for a ported box? did it say it on the manual if it did i must be blind.lol i Was looking for the reccomended volume for ported but only found the sealed specs. Yeah i was gonna buy a slot ported box but joe said it was too small something like 1.12 cubic feet if you could find the ported specs i would apreciate it. i was thin kin of tuning it to 30-32hz i want it to hit hard and low. they could go pretty low though cant they 18hz to 500hz? thanks for all your help.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 541
I kept the empty cardboard box it came in(specs are printed on it) & i happen to have it right here with me now - u lucky dogg.

SEALED BOX VOLUME IN CU.FT
MINIMUM = 0.85
MAXIMUM = 1.75
RECOMMENDED = 1.25

PORTED
MINIMUM = 1.25 3"x6" PIPE
MAXIMUM = 2.05 3"x4" PIPE
RECOMMENDED = 1.65 3"X8" PIPE

BANDPASS (EACH CHAMBER)
MINIMUM = 1.1 + 1.1 3*7
MAXIMUM = 0.7 + 0.7 3*4
RECOMMENDED = 0.9 + 0.9 3*5

I guess they can play that low - but personally i like a little higher freq like around 40 or so .

Even though i'm posting the bandpass specs - go ported cause the bass quality is better with ported boxes . Would advise if u are gonna construct your own box use 1" mdf which has better sound dampening qualities . If u are gonna get a pre-fab then 3/4 will do .

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us